• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

509 Sinister Goggles : Quick Straps How Too???

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com

Hello everyone, I just purchased a set of 2010 509 Sinister Goggles with the new Nose Protector and the SnowCamo color, and they seem pretty cool and are really comfortable on my face,

I have read alot of positive feedback on them and have also read of guys who have converted them to Quickstraps, I in the catalog book that came with the goggle where 509 sells the magnetic ones, but can-t seem to find where to go get them.

What about cutting the strap and installing the regular Quickstraps?? I have also heard of this so if anyone has done this could you please post a pic or a good explaination on how you did so.

Thanks, Wildcard28

S

sledheadjake

Aug 31, 2009
Bonners Ferry ID
I changed my 509 sinisters over to quick straps it took about 5 min. just cut I just cut the original strap off the googles then you just feed the ends of the quick straps in to the googles.It is a pretty tight fit but they will go through the slot.Sorry no pics but it is pretty self explanitory when you do it:beer;

R

Ricardo

Nov 26, 2007
Moose Jaw, Sk.
I have the 509 sinisters with the hinge type strap and I converted them to quick straps by cutting the strap and then weaving them through a set of quick strap ends. It is a little un-nerving to cut the strap on a brand new set of goggles, but I had an old set that I used as a map when weaving the new ones through. Once I was done I cut the ends down so there was not to much excess strap and then singed the ends with a lighter to prevent fraying. Two full years now and they have worked great. Good luck.........:beer;

P
Mar 7, 2009
Colorado
With the use of needle-nose pliers I was able to work the original 509 strap out of the hinges and then install the Quick Straps into the hinges. At one point I thought I was going to break the hinge but I just used the pliers to keep the end of the strap as thin as possible and then carefully worked it through the slot in the hinge.

DSCF0570.jpg DSCF0569.jpg

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
Thanks alot for the pics and info guys, Have you all had any fogging issues??

I haven`t ridden with them yet, I do notice when I try them on and my helmet just breathin in the helmet outside they steam up from my warm breath but I guess any goggle will do that.

Thanks, Wildcard28

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
I did it, I carefully spread apart the slot in the hinge strap and pulled the old strap out of the slot and had a friend of mine help and I took a butter knife and spread the slot open and fed the quickstrap in it was pretty tight and hard to pul thru but it went fairly easy. Makes a person nervouse to break the hinge mechanism on such a spendy set of goggles.

definetly the most comfortable goggles I have ever tried on.

I`ll post a pic when I get the camera working, Thanks guys

Wildcard28

R

Ricardo

Nov 26, 2007
Moose Jaw, Sk.
Right on. They are very comfortable goggles with a good seal around the face. I have had no fogging issues with mine, but unless it's really warm out I usually wear a breath deflector in my helmet. Hope you like them as much as I do.

K
Dec 17, 2008
penticton, b.c.
I changed my 509 sinisters over to quick straps it took about 5 min. just cut I just cut the original strap off the googles then you just feed the ends of the quick straps in to the googles.It is a pretty tight fit but they will go through the slot.Sorry no pics but it is pretty self explanitory when you do it:beer;

cut the strap????umm...why??:confused:

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
I ordered the quick strap adapters when I bought my 509's..pop off the originals and hook on the new ones..then thread the quick straps to them....

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
I wondered that also.

I changed my 509's to Quick Straps just by pulling the 509 strap out of the slot, and inserting my Quick Straps in the slot. It was super easy. And I still have the original 509 strap if I ever need it.

X2 I also put the original 509 strap on my extra set of scott goggles I took the quick straps off of, looks kinda funny but should work fine, I really do like the feel of the 509 goggles would love to get a New 509 Helmet also.

Wildcard28

S

Slick

Nov 26, 2007
Don't hurry gettin em on. I have the Sinisters, they fog consistently doing exactly the same things as my Scott Turbo's (way better gogglr by the way). I thought it was the fit on my face but 2 different buddies tryed em to see if they wanted them, they both passed, at half price. I've never tried the Aviators but it seems to me its a "gotta have em cause they're cool" sorta thing, not cause they work better. JMO

Premium Features