• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sled keeps starting in reverse?

AaronBND

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2005
Cascade Mnts, OR.
Went riding yesterday and about half way through the ride, every time a buddy of mine would start his '08-M1000 and take off it was in reverse? Weirdest thing I have ever seen. The first time it happened he thought he just accidentally hit the button, but then it kept doing it. It was actually pretty funny because we would stop to BS and when we fired them up and took off, he kept getting thrown over the hood! I eventually pulled the little cover above the left foot-well and just unplugged it. Anyone ever seen this before? We don't even know where to start.................

Aaron

A

aksnopro

Mar 11, 2008
Palmer, Alaska
www.mtfak.com
hm

i had this issue im trying to remember what it was.belt issue, check the belt deflection! i think thats what the issue was (trying to remember lol!!!) or maybe that was when they reflashed my computer... does your sled have the updated ecu? i know the belt deflection can really mess with the reverse!
-aksnopro

AaronBND

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2005
Cascade Mnts, OR.
It does have the '09 ECU update, but he hasn't had any issues for a year with it. Remember this is an '08 that has the mechanical reverse also. Anyone???

Aaron

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
Belt deflection messed with the rev. with the DD with the reverse in it. His has electronic rev. and starts with the engine running backwards. Kinda like my old Yammi dirt bike did when I kicked it over too slow!

AaronBND

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2005
Cascade Mnts, OR.
clear something up, is the motor spinning backwards or is stuck in mechanical reverse in the dd.

It's mechanical reverse, so somehow when he shuts his sled off it is tripping the reverse solenoid to engage the mechanical reverse in the DD.

Aaron

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
motor does not run in reverse on the 08, would suggest like above thaw everything out. my buddies M8 was doing the same thing, his problem was snow/ice in the connection i'm sure you guys unplugged down by the actuator...

Premium Features