• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Snowhawk

W

will

Mar 16, 2008
Calgary
Being interested in a Snowhawk and not knowing whats avalible and where to purchase one I emailed the web site of the manufacturer and didn't recieve a reply.

Can someone inform me as to what's avalible and where's the best place to inquire about a purchase in Alberta?

Tks Will

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
Making or breaking the ONESKI!!

Most newcomers on our forum have been finding close to new or just used machines. TLKPROD mentioned earlier that AD Boivin had in their possesion an updated current colors, tank, etc. 800HO, get used to their phone/customer service, at least it's consistant.:eek:

This is the first year used machines have really become scarce and hard to find so where does it go from here? Do 300 (AD Boivins 2009 spring requirement) serious folks plunk down a 75-80% downpayment on an overpriced $20k same machine we have had for seven years, for a 2010 December delivery. The same machines we all have been modifing and retrofitting to our individual conditions, of which it will also?

Will the potential buyer wanting new not settle for a used/leftover but accept one of the (three, two one, none?):rolleyes: bike conversions, see the forum,
yawn.jpg
!

http://www.snowest.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=178

Or is anybody within the large OEM's AC, Polaris, Yamaha, catch a clue Ski-Doo been paying attention to the gr o w i N G interest here.:confused:

For now your only option is as first stated, if you find a clean machine BUY IT!!!:eek:

In the mean time there are riders here working on small scale projects towards a future replacement, for some have realized that the once plentifull rediculously inexpensive used market has shriveled. Next comes the worn out rides they currently own, then the panic, "I can't go back!"!

That will inspire even more tinkerers/fabsters, at least a few of us should have enough supplies to hold off the withdrawls, huh sledr2, Ozzydog?:face-icon-small-hap

pops2.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YOz6bRjCSM

Last edited:
D
Feb 9, 2009
prince george B.C.
I got a smoking deal on mine an 08 enduro out of alberta,it was originaly sold in alberta I will get the name of the place I have to look at the papers,if you watch kijiji and craigslist in alberta you will probably see used ones for sale this winter.mine was for sale all winter and nobody ealse was interested,hence the great deal in the spring...if you havent noticed the best deals seem in alberta as economy has hit it and toys are first to go,2 years ago edmonton kijiji would have half a page a day for atv's and snowmobiles then last year and now theres about 5 full pages or more a day.lots of machines were bought and never used just keep watching if you want a deal....

T

TLKDPROD

Jan 25, 2008
Salmon Arm, BC
Being interested in a Snowhawk and not knowing whats avalible and where to purchase one I emailed the web site of the manufacturer and didn't recieve a reply.

Can someone inform me as to what's avalible and where's the best place to inquire about a purchase in Alberta?

Tks Will

It feels kind of bad to me to announce this new but : ADB doesn't make them anymore. They won't even quote me on a new one without a motor... They'll still sell us (overpriced) parts though.

Max @ the factory in Levis, Qc was saying to me that they've got an updated '07 800, everything replaced and updated, as a new.
You should maybe get in touch with Powder Rush Snow Hawk in Lethbridge at (403) 388-4187, they might be able to freight this one for you so you can pick it up in AB.

Thom at Alaska Toy Rental has a new '08 800 too.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
2010 Machines.

Thom at Alaska Toy Rental has a new '08 800 too.

He also has a new 600HO, plus a few used.

No matter how many used show up, the curiosity/interest is much greater, I have had tire kickers this summer allready from far away places. If their desire grows to a serious level from watching the many Youtube flics, competition for each available Hawk will heat up.

Then there are the current motorcycle conversion owners, Is a $5,000.00 turbo added to their original $7,000.00 bike and $3,700.00 kit going to be their choice when they might just stumble accross a $3,500.00-$10,000.00 real deal? See Snow Hawks on Craigslist, Ebay, etc.

Many eyes have been watching.:)
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=snow+hawk&search_type=&aq=f

W

will

Mar 16, 2008
Calgary
Snow Hawk reply

Thanks everyone all for the replys on the Snow Hawk avalibility or not for that matter, I had no idea they weren't being produced any longer. I have the ability to do repairs and tinker but not the time so a used one likely won't work out and sounds like no one around Calgary to do repairs plus getting parts may require some waiting.

Hopefully I'll have an opportunity to ride one as they look like a blast, it's how I like to ride my sled.

By the way how do they fit tall people, do you ever stand up, it seems most riders on vidoes are sitting?

Thanks again, Will

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
Then there are the current motorcycle conversion owners, Is a $5,000.00 turbo added to their original $7,000.00 bike and $3,700.00 kit going to be their choice when they might just stumble accross a $3,500.00-$10,000.00 real deal? See Snow Hawks on Craigslist, Ebay, etc.

I think that answer is Yes they will go the 2moto or explorer route..they will learn from there mistakes the hard way..
Since Bovin apparently has stopped all production of the Hawk, there will be no other choice than to produce a machine that could be a Kit style with parts from this community, or consistently rebuild whats available in the used market place.. We all know there is nothing like a New machine.... Interesting I just had a non snowmobiler type guy in my garage looking at my mostly disassembled Hawk.. He thought I built it in my Garage!!...

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
They work well with all but the shortest riders.

Thanks everyone all for the replys on the Snow Hawk avalibility or not for that matter, I had no idea they weren't being produced any longer. I have the ability to do repairs and tinker but not the time so a used one likely won't work out and sounds like no one around Calgary to do repairs plus getting parts may require some waiting.

Hopefully I'll have an opportunity to ride one as they look like a blast, it's how I like to ride my sled.

By the way how do they fit tall people, do you ever stand up, it seems most riders on vidoes are sitting?

Thanks again, Will

Even the half pints can enjoy though, plan your stops!:face-icon-small-hap

I just feel the facts are more important, these machines may very well create Engineers out of enthusiests through their ownership. Through the forum Hawkers have experienced other riders passion maybe even inadvertly saved another from giving up on the pain in the 4$$ machine, manufacturer, Twoski riding buddy, minority status, etc.

I can't wait till, if we make it, the statement "WTB Snow Hawk" becomes a top ten on our first page, it's coming you will see! Cailen McCurdy, where is Snow Hawk Addiction III??

Ever hear "MULE" say what his next sled will be, maybe he can star in Grand(Torino) 900, in theaters near you Fall 2035, they won't make em like they used to then too! :eek:

Be adventurous, take a chance, the difference owning and enjoying one now makes 100 times what the masses will admit to when it becomes the standard.:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1vPHN6isZ8
eyes.gif

Plus you'll be older and too wiser for your own good.
:D

Last edited:
S
Nov 26, 2007
Northern Utah
That will inspire even more tinkerers/fabsters, at least a few of us should have enough supplies to hold off the withdrawls, huh sledr2, Ozzydog?:face-icon-small-hap

I have several of these contraptions now. It would take a big ol' wad a cash to pry one away from me.

We'll be busy makin parts for these things for a while:).

W

will

Mar 16, 2008
Calgary
Hey Bernie, good chatting with you and thanks for the info I'll check it out and keep in touch, Will

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
Roll call!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think that answer is Yes they will go the 2moto or explorer route..they will learn from there mistakes the hard way..
Since Bovin apparently has stopped all production of the Hawk, there will be no other choice than to produce a machine that could be a Kit style with parts from this community, or consistently rebuild whats available in the used market place.. We all know there is nothing like a New machine.... Interesting I just had a non snowmobiler type guy in my garage looking at my mostly disassembled Hawk.. He thought I built it in my Garage!!...

Blaser, Blaser, anyone??:cool:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0_PiVNLiuc
http://www.snowest.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=80609&d=1255544188

http://www.snowest.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=80610&d=1255544198
Owner of our latest trade in wanted a Oneski with some umph! I know, I know this really belongs in the Snow Bike section, it will be there very soon, and displayed at the Expo. bigg grin

Last edited:
S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
His dad wants to send pics to his kids boss.

Once he's tearing it up in the Central Oregon powder.

http://teamdunlop.loopd.com/Members/chrisalldredge/Dunlop.aspx

http://blogs.dirtrider.com/6578537/...s-alldredge-wins-85cc-invitational/index.html

This is the kid who used to ride my new Yamaha 2moto, remember his name.:)

Those of you Hawk Fest attendees with kids both ought to write him so he makes time also.

His influence could cause Yamaha to consider an investment in our future!:face-icon-small-hap

Fly Racing's Alldredge Wins 85cc Invitational

Fly Racing is super excited to congratulate Fly Family member Chris Alldredge on his breakthrough performance at this year's U.S. Open 85cc Invitational. Chris combined a 2nd place on Friday with a strong win on Saturday night to climb to the top step of the podium at this year's event.

Chris wore Fly Racing's all new 2010 Evolution pant, jersey, and glove combo on his way to victory. Way to go, Chris! Everyone at Fly Racing is very proud of you.

Look for even more break out performances from #588 Chris Alldredge in 2010, as the Powell Butte, Oregon native tackles the amateur national MX circuit.

About Fly Racing
Established in 1996, Fly Racing began as a manufacturer of motorcycle handlebars and helmets and has quickly developed into one of the fastest growing off road riding apparel and hard part brands. Fly Racing develops high-quality products for the competitive and demanding North American market and is distributed in 40+ countries.

Last edited:
T

Thunderhawk

Sep 5, 2009
CT
Will,

Have you found anything yet?

Don't worry about parts, they are available through the people on this site. Don't worry about who to find to work on it, remember it's a conventional SkiDoo engine and drive system.

Find one somewhere and pay the $500-600 to have it shipped to you. I may have a smoking deal on a nearly new '04' 600 if you are interested. It's in Pennsylvania now. I'd buy it myself, but I just bought 3 others.

Premium Features