• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1200 Rotax 4-stroke MC-XPRESS Turbo

Im by far not an E-tec expert but as stated by others the limitation in the e-tec system is the injectors and how much fuel they can deliver.
From what i have been told the injectors in the 600 is maxed out at 60-65hp pr injector.
We know that the 800 E-tec is coming the question is how they have solved the problem with the injector capasity, have they made one that is capable of 75-80hp or is they adding an extra injector pr cylinder.
If 4 injectors is the case the fuel system should be capable of 240-250hp if the ecu mapping can be altered to to give the extra fuel when needed.
I cant really se that 2 injectors pr cylinder should be impossible so what do you guys think?
Have you seen the E-tec injectors, there is no way that there is space for 2 of this in the head=)

L
Mar 8, 2008
Sure i have seen them, it would be tight to fit 2 to each cylinder but i dont think it is impossible.
Maybe mounting them at an angle would work.
It is not to many years ago people said direct injection on a snowmobile would be near impossible because of the high rpms we are running.
Im looking foreward to what the future brings and what can be done to improve it.

nytro41

Premium Member
Oct 11, 2008
Some where in the hills ID
Welcome to the skidoo forum. If I owned a moped I would probably hang out in the motorcycle section too.

And that's not what many of the yamaha players such as powderlites are saying. From what I hear this engine is built better than the yami's and responds to boost better. That's why I am currently building one.

Now take your 10 posts and go back to yamaha.

HAHAHAHAHA. you got jokes buddy. moped??????? they dont go on snow?? but that might just be me.
how did your turbo turn out? great i hope.
and if the 1200's are so great how come i see more turboed yamaha then i do ski doo's. (just a fact in life)
yamaha's handle boost way better. you dont buy a yamaha and leave it stock. they are to heavy. so you TURBO them. thats why everybody turbos yamaha's

X

X2Freeride

Jan 25, 2009
HAHAHAHAHA. you got jokes buddy. moped??????? they dont go on snow?? but that might just be me.
how did your turbo turn out? great i hope.
and if the 1200's are so great how come i see more turboed yamaha then i do ski doo's. (just a fact in life)
yamaha's handle boost way better. you dont buy a yamaha and leave it stock. they are to heavy. so you TURBO them. thats why everybody turbos yamaha's

Might want to look at the dates on the posts. Most of them are 2-3 years old.

Premium Features