• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lower control arm - SPHERICAL BEARING removal

J

Joemt

Jan 7, 2008
Potomac Montana
I am going to have this lower control arm powdered coated. I am assuming I have to remove the SPHERICAL BEARING. I removed the clip ring, but I can't get the bearing to budge, I wasn't sure how hard to hit it (rubber hammer).

Anyone every remove one? Do I have to remove for Powder Coat?

Thank you for your help....(sled is a 2009 Dragon 155)

F

FCR112

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 1, 2008
Sacrifice a thin walled socket that slides over the moveable portion of the bearing and fits through the hole in the a arm. This way you are "pressing" the fixed edge of the bearing.
I had to grind down the outside of the socket just a little to make it right. That has been my Polaris spherical bearing remover tool for the last few years. The amount of force needed to remove them seems to vary quite a bit from arm to arm in my experience.

Last edited:
J

Joemt

Jan 7, 2008
Potomac Montana
I still had the bent lower control arm. I cut a 4" section of tubing from that lower control arm. The 4"length of tube is perfect......worked great. I Used a metal chop saw.....I live 50 miles round trip to town......so I had to figure out something and my sockets were not working,

Premium Features