• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Weight loss

cokecrazed007

Lifetime Membership
Sep 11, 2011
Grande Prairie, AB
I purchase a earthx batt for my pro rmk and they have in there spec that it is good to -30 deg C. The weight of it is 2.4 lbs vs the stock one at 13.5 lbs.

Sent from my SGH-I717D using Tapatalk 2

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Anyone have a real weight loss number for removing the reverse servo , reverse gears and chain? I would think we would lose 8-10 lbs. and since it does not work worth a crap anyways would be well worth it? Also it sounds like a lb to lb and half can be cut off the stock brake rotor. The brake and reverse chains would be good for rotating weight as well as dead weight.

On a different subject would redoing the front of the running boards to how doos are on the 2013 be good? I think you could get your feet forward 5 more inches for side hilling?

Also is the valve cover, oil pan and mag cover on the 1100 already magnesium? If not could it be? Or maybe plastic?

F
Apr 5, 2009
Anyone have a real weight loss number for removing the reverse servo , reverse gears and chain? I would think we would lose 8-10 lbs. and since it does not work worth a crap anyways would be well worth it? Also it sounds like a lb to lb and half can be cut off the stock brake rotor. The brake and reverse chains would be good for rotating weight as well as dead weight.

On a different subject would redoing the front of the running boards to how doos are on the 2013 be good? I think you could get your feet forward 5 more inches for side hilling?

Also is the valve cover, oil pan and mag cover on the 1100 already magnesium? If not could it be? Or maybe plastic?

or even carbon fiber?

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
I read on hcs that the reverse delete losses 10 lbs. rotating mass, and gained 10 hp on the track dyno. Would like to know if anybody has don't this and if the weight and power are true?

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
I read on hcs that the reverse delete losses 10 lbs. rotating mass, and gained 10 hp on the track dyno. Would like to know if anybody has don't this and if the weight and power are true?

10 up to the track would be quite substantial if true I would be ok without having reverse

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
I'm thinking the same thing, 800 jack shaft about $75, top and bottom gears $100 ? Not sure on price. And a hyvo chain $150. Not bad price of - 10 lbs and + 10 hp.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Did some asking around on HCS about the Reverse delete. It seems as though it looks like about 10lbs of loss. I am kinda excited about this. 10lbs of weight loss for free. Also it seems as though there is some hp picked up at the track with the reverse gears and chain gone. Some say 4 some say upwards of 8hp. Either way the honest truth is not having reverse is well work 10lbs of weight loss and even a modest 4 hp gain at the track is substainial. 4hp can do alot of "work".

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
How do you get the 10 lbs for free, Dont you need to get different gears and jack shaft to remove reverse?

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
How do you get the 10 lbs for free, Dont you need to get different gears and jack shaft to remove reverse?

No you just need to have the ability to make a retainer for the top gear or have a friend that can machine you one. Pretty simple.

S

Snupe3

Jul 7, 2012

I took my reverse out last year and it worked awesome . I couldn't believe how heavy all the parts were . Way to go cat

B

boosted1

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
Belt drive

I have ordered the C3 belt drive, loss of 20 lbs with a new oil tank.
If you gain 10 ish HP with the reverse delete, i imagine you should gain even more with the belt drive, low entertia free wheeling drive belt.
Little expensive at $1200 ish
Food for thought.

D
Oct 8, 2012
The valve cover is already magnesium but it is held on with four bolts two small Allen head bolts and two large heavy bolts which have a lot of extra material they can be traded out for the Allen style which isn't much weight loss but it is weight the extra head on the bolt is about the size of 3 18 mm nuts stacked up

J
Jun 10, 2010
I have ordered the C3 belt drive, loss of 20 lbs with a new oil tank.
If you gain 10 ish HP with the reverse delete, i imagine you should gain even more with the belt drive, low entertia free wheeling drive belt.
Little expensive at $1200 ish
Food for thought.

Where did you get the new oil tank?

carbontj

Premium Member
Aug 21, 2012
indianapolis
I have posted before the best dollar for dollar weight savings is our carbon fiber tunnel rear half. Carbon fiber does not conduct cold so there is very little if any snow build up under the tunnel. The savings can be from 20 -50 lbs or even more, depending on the type of snow and conditions. Priced at 750-845 depending on the size.

Anyone can install it in about 2-4 hours depending on your tools..

TJ

Our carbon fiber complete body saves 24 lbs.

Premium Features