• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 M1000 hard to turn?

biggdaddy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 1, 2008
I have a 08 M1000 that I had the rear skid re-valves by holtz and also did the geo Elvis mod to. This sled is so hard to steer it is unbelievable. Seems real heavy and not sure what to do. I am at 150 psi on the float, five treads on the front skid shock, I weigh about 300 lbs and consider myself a intermediate rider. Any imput would help this thing can make you real tired in about a hour or two. I have tried taking the front skid shock up to like even 10 treads and same thing still. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
D
Dec 28, 2009
I am not sure whats involved with the geo mod but I dropped to the bottom hole for the front skid and it made a huge differance. Some dont care for it but it makes the front end feel lighter. I like it there anyhow. I also like to narrow up the ski stance.

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
since the shocks were revalved, take Geo mod out, back to old bolt holes and try it

simple, easy, and won't take too long. then you know, I have geo'd my last two sleds but that was because I didn't want to pay for the revalve, I'm 240 without gear and front felt fine on my 09 m1000 after Geo, the 09 is 22 lbs lighter in the front than the 08 due to electronic reverse.

Last edited:

biggdaddy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 1, 2008
Thanks

Just want to say thanks I'll switch it around and try it and see. Again thanks for the imput.

907riders.com

Mar 23, 2009
Wasilla, AK
www.907riders.com
Get the front end off the ground and check to see that your steering is not binding. I have found problems with the helm joints binding up on this sled to the point of squeeking.

Our solution has been a little heat and wd-40 to get the helm joints turning easier.

T
Dec 13, 2008
Seattle
settimgs and skis

I am running at 8-10 treads in the fox zero pro on the front of the skid and approx 145-150 psi in the float. I am also running the stock skis but have a set of sly dogs powder hounds that I can put on if you think that would help. Thanks I posted this for Biggdaddy

M
May 19, 2009
cle elum WA
skis

I rode your sled last Sunday and i feel that you need to change your skis and take a few turns out of the front shock and just ride it like you stole it

Premium Features