• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Stiff throttle pull on xp

S
Feb 6, 2008
Have a 09 xp with a nasty throttle pull, its the harshest I have ever felt. I have even went as far as taking the carb rack apart and put an older mikuni spring in it (a little thinner spring) helped a little but not enough. Carbs open nice and easy so is it the oiler? cable routing looks a little to be desired also. Has anyone else had this problem and if so any luck fixing it. Thanks

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
I would isolate your cable and make sure it moves freely, don't want it to hang up under throttle. Have you felt others to see if your is abnormal?

T
Have a 09 xp with a nasty throttle pull, its the harshest I have ever felt. I have even went as far as taking the carb rack apart and put an older mikuni spring in it (a little thinner spring) helped a little but not enough. Carbs open nice and easy so is it the oiler? cable routing looks a little to be desired also. Has anyone else had this problem and if so any luck fixing it. Thanks

I came from a triple pulling 3 40mm rounds and was so excited to have a nice throttle pull. That's the first thing I did when I picked up my XP to find out it was stiff. I would not consider it a nasty throttle pull, much easier than the triple but definalty harder than the 800/700 poo twins with racks.

S
Feb 6, 2008
I would isolate your cable and make sure it moves freely, don't want it to hang up under throttle. Have you felt others to see if your is abnormal?

I bought the HC and my father bought the X pretty much the same sled both 09s. His is truely half the pull of mine. very frustrating, lucky SOB.

Premium Features