• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who cares about weight on paper!

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
So 1100T guys who ride mountains alot what is your suspension setup like?

Limiter strap position?
Front Spring tension?

ETC. ETC.

Being from the flatlands I do not get a alot of time to make good suspension setup choices for the mountains. I know that there is a better setup than what I have been running on my 1100t. But I am looking for a good starting point. I am not super worried about keeping the front down. For the type of riding I mostly do I prefer to the front end to be as light and playful as possible.

J
Dec 2, 2002
Monticello, MN
3 rides this year on a new 13 1100t 162 ltd. First of all Powder Pros are the first mod!!! What a difference. Here is a setup to work with to start. Front ski shocks 80 PSI, rear shock 120 PSI. The key to feeling the weight of the motor is the front shock setup in the rear skid. Start with 7/8 of an inch of thread showing. If you decrease spring preasure you will put more wieght or a more planted feeling on the skis. The key to basic setup it to vary the preload on the front shock of the skid. One of the setups I use is to increase the preload until my steering goes away, it will start to push through corners ect. This sucks for the trail but works great in powder as it raises the centre of gravity and allows you to through the sled around as you have de weighted the front end. I am 210 with gear. In deep powder days I will turn up my preload for off trail and decease it for the ride home. This very basic but it seems to work to help hide the weight. Take the time and set it up and you will have a much better day. I hope this helps

I just adjusted mine this way and will give it a whirl this weekend...unfortunately it will only be on the trails. 3 weeks before I'm in the mountains.

From the factory, my sled was setup like this:
Front shocks: 100-105 psi
Front track shock: 1/2" threads showing
Rear track shock: 75 psi

With the factory setup, I could side hill but it required quite a bit of user input (kind of expected with this big girl though). Looking forward to these adjustments, thanks.

UPDATE:
The new settings worked really well for my setup. Thanks for the recommendations.

Last edited:
Premium Features