• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'13 Black Ltd. 162"

freddy

Premium Member
Dec 11, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Have any of you fellas actually picked up your new sleds yet - if so could one of you post some pics of a black Ltd. 162". Mine's still at the dealership and I won't be picking it up until Sept. sometime. I didn't get the chance to see any good pics last spring ----- need a fix.
Thanks.

Last edited:

SaberKitty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2006
Foothills of Grosse Gelb
Haven't seen anyone take delivery yet on the various forums. Have you seen the photos from the dealer show?

Andrew-McBride-Photo-2013-Arctic-Cats-5-of-5.jpg

Andrew-McBride-Photo-2013-Arctic-Cats-3-of-3.jpg

Andrew-McBride-Photo-2013-Arctic-Cats-1-of-5.jpg

931e9d0e1470105078d1df1aa8265dedx.jpg

And last, but not least, a real one... :face-icon-small-coo

CIMG3765.jpg

freddy

Premium Member
Dec 11, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Yes - got it from John.
I will be placing an order with you soon - I was one of the GP guys that talked with you on Tuesday. I'll e-mail you when I'm back home on Tuesday.
Thanks.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
I really like the look of the narrower front end, not so Big Bird. Are the boards different on the 13s? They look like sheet metal Air Frames!

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Are the boards different on the 13s? Anyone have a close up picture?

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
They are still waiting on the secondarys.. bushing material.
Mine is in but not picking it up till complete.

Would like to know more about some reliable mod's for 10,000' riding elevations- as I cannot turn the boost high enough in stock form to make much a difference.. Ideas??

SC

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
I got an idea.....

Would like to know more about some reliable mod's for 10,000' riding elevations- as I cannot turn the boost high enough in stock form to make much a difference.. Ideas??

SC

At that elevation the stock huffer is all played out as you know. Gotta get a bigger turbo, no way around it. That's the easy part, getting a tune to go with that bigger turbo, well...that's the tricky part. Evolution are the only guys to have kits on the hill last winter, tuned at elevation. I rode the BC275 kit on my sled up to 8400' flawlessly, passed that will be the same.

Lots of posts on this topic or check Evo's site for info and comparison videos.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
:light:
At that elevation the stock huffer is all played out as you know. Gotta get a bigger turbo, no way around it. That's the easy part, getting a tune to go with that bigger turbo, well...that's the tricky part. Evolution are the only guys to have kits on the hill last winter, tuned at elevation. I rode the BC275 kit on my sled up to 8400' flawlessly, passed that will be the same.

Lots of posts on this topic or check Evo's site for info and comparison videos.

What about the ECU flash to bring it up to 217- :light:
Jim say's it works well and can play in 8-10 elevation with good results over the stock HP.

S/C

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Heated Seat

Bootstit-
You stated that the stock huffer is all played out- @ my riding elevation 9K + and now with the flash it is accepatable..
still the same huffer..???? wanna explane so we know what your referring to................ kinda looks like a 180 here

Also
Can one of you that have a T11000 at your dealer-
Check to make sure it has a heated seat- there is confusion from dealers that this was a option but the limited edition I was told came with it- can someone check for sure:face-icon-small-coo
Thanks
\
S/C

Last edited:

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
Some clarity if you will....

Bootstit-
You stated that the stock huffer is all played out- @ my riding elevation 9K + and now with the flash it is accepatable..
still the same huffer..???? wanna explane so we know what your referring to................ kinda looks like a 180 here

S/C

For the record I prefer not to do 180's.....this means you didn't go over the top lol. :face-icon-small-win. You will be very happy with your 215hp tune. It's right in the wheel house of that motor and stock turbo. I would still give it all the help you can with turbo and header blankets, BRV kit, cold air intake of some kind, intercooler fan kit and some turbo back 2.5" exhaust of some kind. It all helps.

When I refer to the stock huffer being all played out I mean for guys that have that 497.5hp tune (that I love so much) and can't seem to grasp that that turbo does not have the physical capacity to run the required amount of thin air to make that same power at elevation. There is a reason that the Evo mountain reflash tune is 215hp, because that is in the working range of the stock turbo at elevation. If the stock turbo could handle the air requirements of a 230hp tune at elevation I'm sure that's what Jim would have done.

In my little part of the world I'm dealing with guys wanting 250-300hp motors and they don't understand they can't get there with a stock turbo at 7500' for example without a turbo upgrade, even thou their tune says its 280 or whatever.

Hope that clears up the mud. I have sold quite a few 215hp flashes. I think they will be great.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
I spoke to Jim and the divoce pipe and a 2.5 turbo back pipe are usless at my elevation ( makes Sense)
Pondering on the spendy blanket- thinking the Y pipe before the turbo if I can only afford one wrap blanket.
What you think ?

S/C

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
I spoke to Jim and the divoce pipe and a 2.5 turbo back pipe are usless at my elevation ( makes Sense)
Pondering on the spendy blanket- thinking the Y pipe before the turbo if I can only afford one wrap blanket.
What you think ?

S/C

I think you will end up with both eventually and in sheer surface area the header you would think would disapate heat better. I'm no expert but I would do the turbo first.

While I might agree that the hp wouldn't be noticeable I'm still a believer the flow/spool with a better intake and exhaust is very noticeable IMO.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
When the Air is less dense it makes no difference. Thin air is just that- no ballast to get things moving. The sheer volume just doesn't live up here.
The bigger hairdryer is in order to justify more CFM of movement. I agree that it would seem that larger diameter would be less restrictive-
but from a performance view 4" headers on a VW bug just don't deleiver the return on your investment ( yeah I know a crappy illistration but
ya get the picture)

I am getting both blankets just makes sense as you say- the turbo blanket is on order.
Thanks

S/,C

Last edited:
Premium Features