• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

850 vent kit

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Losing my mind. I can't think of the vent company's
Stock they are fine but with a turbo it is too hot on deep days. I am roasting my wires and hoses. I just need 1 or maybe 2 vents. I am not one to make it look like a cheese grater and say how awesome that looks.

rab

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
lets re ask that question , who sells those ?

Clutched Films

Lifetime Membership
Fan vs venting

I hate cutting holes in my side panels especially the belt guard. Right now I'm working on a 4" fan the you don't cut your clutch cover up. I will take all the strength I can get with the clutch cover 100% intact. All my old sleds had cracked side panels & primary clutch bolt holes. I love the extra protection the full clutch cover adds just need the right fan shroud to move the hot air out. Darn G4 chassis has almost no room! I can get the air out easy without hacking up the guard but i want a built in box the uses that air as a glove/goggle dryer.

J
Mar 10, 2017
Eastern Idaho
I hate cutting holes in my side panels especially the belt guard. Right now I'm working on a 4" fan the you don't cut your clutch cover up. I will take all the strength I can get with the clutch cover 100% intact. All my old sleds had cracked side panels & primary clutch bolt holes. I love the extra protection the full clutch cover adds just need the right fan shroud to move the hot air out. Darn G4 chassis has almost no room! I can get the air out easy without hacking up the guard but i want a built in box the uses that air as a glove/goggle dryer.

It's easy to cut the tube off the blow hole and not cut a hole in the clutch cover and still get a lot of hot air out from under the hood.

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
A belt is more expensive than a side panel so it's not a big deal to cut a few holes to get some venting to keep things cooler. When you want to sell the sled put a new side panel

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
If you're hot enough under the hood to melt wires I'd get a "blow hole", electric powered fan to pull hot air from under the hood, 140 CFM...

https://jcscustomvents.com/products/2017-ski-doo-g4-blow-hole

It moves a lot of air, and will never clog with snow like vents will on deep days.

I may put one on but it is the turbo side that needs it. Not having belt troubles.
Took some Utah boys for a tour in epic snow. One of the guys just drilled his side panel. Looked really good. I might just do that.

Clutched Films

Lifetime Membership
Venting or fanning

It's easy to cut the tube off the blow hole and not cut a hole in the clutch cover and still get a lot of hot air out from under the hood.

Ya it's really easy to get the hot air out with a fan. Can't rember who but some1 mounted a fan on the footwell that's a great place for the fan. I am just hung up on all that waisted hot air haha, I want my cake & ice cream with sprinkles on top. Working on it this weekend and calling it quits if I can't get something figured out.

Mantis

Lifetime Membership
Feb 10, 2008
I put the Mountainfit/Menztoys vents on mine- very happy with them and well priced. They have held up well to my tree sessions also, lol!

IMG_0421.jpg IMG_0422.jpg

J
Mar 10, 2017
Eastern Idaho
I may put one on but it is the turbo side that needs it. Not having belt troubles.

There are so few places for air to get into the area under the hood that I think a lot of the air that comes out of the fan goes in right at the toes of your boots, I'd be surprised if the blow hole didn't keep the turbo side of the sled notably cooler than it is now.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I bet the blowhole would keep it cooler but I have doubts that it would be cool enough. Needs a vent up high to let hot air out. It is only on deep days where the nose vent is plugged solid and so are the footwells.

Premium Features