• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Proper Tie Down of Your Snowmobile

Andystoy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2016
Good video Dave not sure if you are BC legal for tie down might want to check with the local authorities? Besides your tie down system I use a ratchet strap to hold the sled forward and another one through the track at the back, this makes for a 5 point tie down. Not sure if even that meets the requirements for the BC (bring cash) enforcers hut it would be good to know?

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Good video Dave not sure if you are BC legal for tie down might want to check with the local authorities? Besides your tie down system I use a ratchet strap to hold the sled forward and another one through the track at the back, this makes for a 5 point tie down. Not sure if even that meets the requirements for the BC (bring cash) enforcers hut it would be good to know?

3 points of restraint required in BC.

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Super clamps only touch the truck/trailer in 2 places, between the skis and besides the skid, they may touch the sled in three places, but... Seems that if a cop wanted to pick nits, you should have a strap on the sled somewhere.

The front superclamp hold each ski down to the truck, that is two points. Cheers dave

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Wow. So what you are saying is that we need to be putting our sleds on a deck or trailer that they can fit on, and then do something that makes sure that they don't fall of that deck or trailer? Thanks for the help!

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
So in my enclosed it’s load it, lock the brake on(unless I forget) and go. Never had a problem. In my little top cap Triton I do have superclamps on the skis.

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
The rule for quads is 4 tie down points, for sled there is nothing stating specific number of points. The load should not be able to move forward, backwards, side to side or up or down, using Superclamp's only is fine, it is a good idea to also lock the brake. Ride On!:face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features