• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need help with Viper MTX rear suspension.

S
Jun 9, 2011
Idaho Falls
My rear suspension sags 4". When I lift up on the rear bumper, it will come up 4" before the track comes off the ground and drops 4" when released. The measurement was taken from the back of the tunnel. Is this normal? I have a 205lbs center shock spring and 160lbs of air in the rear shock. The skid is mounted to the bottom bolt holes on the drop bracket. I also have an Skinz ARC and a 162" track. Please let me know if this is normal or if not, what can I do to fix it?
Thanks

W

Winter Nutz

Jan 3, 2012
Cranbrook BC
a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net
its hard to say without looking at it. how much ski pressure do you have and what are the limiter straps set to? sounds like you might have the rear of the skid contacting more than the front, they should work together. kinda sounds like its working like you have a block of wood under the rear of your skid and the rear is collapsing first.

S
Jun 9, 2011
Idaho Falls
I feel stupid. Turns out I just needed to add more air. I hooked the pump to the rear shock (pressure was at 165lbs), than lifted the track off the ground and the air pressure drop to 100lbs. So, while the track was off the ground I pumped the shock up to 170lbs and lowered the track back down, minimal sag. The pressure stayed about the same so I left it. Thanks for the reply's.

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
I made the exact same mistake my first season with my timbersled suspension on my Nytro. Everything has to be done with weight off the shock. I know how you feel man, you aren't alone.

Happy trails!

bike

The overall length of the straps is 15.5 inches I think I went 17.5. Anti stabs are factory on the 15 mtx and I tightened the track a bit so it dosent pile up in front. The factory straps are tight when the sled is sitting on the floor even with the longer ones. I had my apex mtx beside it and noticed the straps aren't tight on the apex when sitting and transfers well so that's why I did it and it works really well.
World's Safest Children's Bikes

Premium Features