• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Difference between a trail viper and the mountain chaincase lengths?

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
Hi guy's I was looking at a viper that was from when they first come out, Somebody had converted it to a mountain sled from a trail model, it has a long track and the a arms and all the fancy stuff..... I was just curious on if the chain case lengths up front there are going to be any different or if the chassis would be roughly the same besides stuff like the A arm lengths/track/tunnel? I just ask that as it has a 2.5" track on it and I never took a look but I'm wondering if they stuck a 2.5 on it as it was all that would fit or because they did not want a 3". Thanks!

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
fourstrokesolutionsllc.com
Chain case and base chassis is the same for both sleds. As far as track clearance is concerned, what the factory does is use different size drivers to gain extra clearance. In the case of 3" tracks they use 7 tooth 3" pitch drivers.

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
Chain case and base chassis is the same for both sleds. As far as track clearance is concerned, what the factory does is use different size drivers to gain extra clearance. In the case of 3" tracks they use 7 tooth 3" pitch drivers.

Ok that's what I hoped and I'm glad to hear! Thanks

Premium Features