• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Getting in shape for sledding season.

C

CoyoteGirl

Nov 26, 2007
Washington
www.brandyfloyd.com
I know there's a thread in Mountain, but thought I'd start one here and maybe more of you might feel more comfortable chiming in.

So, who has already started (or preferably continued) a work out routine? What are you doing?

And who's thinking "I really should get to that!" and needs some motivation?

I am currently at 6 days a week with 8 workouts during that time. 4 bootcamps, 2 kettlebell classes and 2 Underground Strength classes.

Bootcamp is a good mix of weights, core, cardio.

Kettlebell is core and cardio, but naturally building strength because you are throwing heavy bells around. You get cardio to as you are constantly moving. The other day the challenge was to balance on 4 balls, one limb per ball, and do push ups. Then to pull one leg up off the ball and continue push ups. lol This was a "finisher" or "extra love" after the work out.

Underground.. well, let's just say it is killer! And I'm loving every second of it. Main focus is strength with explosive movements. Generally ends with a cardio portion. Last night I had to carry a person (my same size) and it felt so freaking cool to do so!

Hotlips

Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
The tall mountains of north America.
Well let's just say the regiment I am on right now is really improving my strength as well as my curves :whistle: sweet :high5:

But this has come at a huge dedication to working out 6-7 days a week with a trainer :whip: doing 3 days of upper body workouts and 2 days on my lower body then taking 2 days off... from weights that is. :face-icon-small-sad I still get in a 45 min cardio workout or I do a bootcamp.

The most important part for me has been my diet, I simply burn more calories than I take in. I started on the Advocare 24-day challenge and quickly lost 12lbs. As I moved into the burn stage the process became about gaining muscle and getting strong, yea watch out boys I'll be the one on the hill helping you get your sled unstuck :face-icon-small-coo I am eating alot of protein, healthy fats, veggies and healthy carbs. When I say diet I do not mean starvation :nono: I am eating 5-6 times a day. I always keep my almonds on hand to refuel and drink at least 1.5 gallons of water a day :face-icon-small-sho

I am down 15lbs and feeling great, my start weight of 137lbs wasn't heavy but I was wanting to tone up... Now at 122lbs I'm looking to build strength and more importantly the confidence to ride better :face-icon-small-coo

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Most of my effort over the summer has been focused on LOOSING weight!!
Last winter I had my first exposure to Revelstoke and riding in British Columbia and it KICKED MY BUTT! And that got me started in lightening my load...

Tuesday, Oct 24th

Starting Weight = 241.0 (January 1st)
Current Weight =199.0

Total Lost = -42.0lbs
Percentage Lost = 17.40%

Percentage Body Fat = 24%
Body Mass Index = 27.0

BMI Goal = 24.9

Pounds remaining to final Goal =
< 7.0 >

Last night I ordered all new gear from KLIM for this season.
I was wearing everything in 2XL.

I am now happily wearing a LARGE!!! :face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap

I have a long ways to go on the exercise side though.
At 50, its getting harder and harder to stay in shape!
I do 4 miles each morning on my Treadclimber.
Then 100 Situps, 100 Deep Squats, 100 Fast Jumping Jacks

R
Jun 22, 2009
S.W Montana
Exercise

During the spring and summer months I walk with my dog (Luky) about 2 miles the majority is an uphill incline and then back down 3-4 times a week. Its great for cardio and lower body muscle strength.

I also do kettle bell and free weights 2-3 times a week. Recently I downloaded the "my fitness pal" and "calorie king" apps, yes there's an app for that! On initial set-up you enter your weight, goal weight, and how many pounds per week you wish to loose. You then track everything you eat by searching for it within the app or scanning the bar code. It's structured similar to weight watchers with the calorie counting aspect. I am much more aware of what I am putting in mouth these days!! I started this about 5 1/2 weeks ago and am down 14 pounds. :face-icon-small-hap

I have also upped my kettle bell and weight routine to a consistent 3x week and added an exercise video 2x a week. I definitely am feeling better and am hoping that all of this will help my endurance level this season!:face-icon-small-win

M
Oct 31, 2010
Bozeman MT
After my wife decided shes gay back in July I promptly lost 30 lbs, fetl sorry for myself for awhile then hit the gym, a lot of core , upper and lower strength and Im feeling like my sled can go higher and faster and float easier. That poor Pro never had it so easy last year. Good luck with every body on the workouts, just remember to do those snow dances.

M
Oct 31, 2010
Bozeman MT
Your exwife was a magician too huh! Yours turned into a lesbian......mine turned into a b#*ch....BWAHAHAHAHA
I guess I really should thank her at least Ill get more riding in :face-icon-small-coo Oh and ive been hiking alot at elevation so hopefully lungs and heart will be good to go also. Now I just need to find one to spend my life riding with:face-icon-small-ton We are getting more snow again today YEH but the Cat game is going to be a little cold today for the kiddos. every one enjoy !

M

mtsummitx

Nov 26, 2007
Billings, MT
Sorry Ladies! I kinda derailed your thread, but I couldnt resist making a crack about the whole wife turning gay thing. Apologies! :face-icon-small-hap

C

CoyoteGirl

Nov 26, 2007
Washington
www.brandyfloyd.com
Sorry Ladies! I kinda derailed your thread, but I couldnt resist making a crack about the whole wife turning gay thing. Apologies! :face-icon-small-hap

LOL.. the divorce diet is always a fast way to lose weight. One of the more proven methods, unfortunately! ;)

Christopher, well done.

Ragged, sounds like you are on a good path! Keep it up.

I have never been a calorie counter. I've always worked out hard so that I can eat hard... lol It appears that my metabolism is changing too though and while I eat atleast 5 times a day, it revolves around protein now instead of pasta. sigh....... I miss those pasta days! LOL

There has to be more, or I hope anyway, ladies out there preparing for this sport that we call our passion!???

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
I'm down 30lbs as well this summer. Eating right and doing p90x 6 days a week. Wasn't a believer until I tried it. I would like to lose more weight but have relaxed the diet a little. Time to get more serious again...

Premium Features