• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Near and dear... Breast cancer awareness month October

Hotlips

Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
The tall mountains of north America.
October is fast approaching which is breast cancer awareness month and I know most of the women and families out there are familiar with how devastating breast cancer can be.... I especially do... being diagnosed last May with stage 2 breast cancer... It affects everyone in your life and early diagnosis is key.

Please reach out and get a mommogram during awareness month it is so worth the time and knowledge is "king". I would hate for any of the women I know or semi know, fellow sledders or just maybe waiting to meet be diagnosed with this awful disease. It is curable and treatment can be minimized if diagnosed early.

If you are a husband, brother, son or have women you love in your life please ask those women in your life to do this, it is so worth it... IT IS THEIR LIVES!!

Please let me know your thoughts and if you were able to get a mammogram, I really want to hear your story as each and everyone of us does have a story..:heart:

Wear pink during the month of October to show your support for the women who have fought and won the battle as well as those who have lost the battle :brokenheart: families will appreciate it!!

fight like a girl.jpg

M

miko

Nov 28, 2007
So. Dak.
Thanks for this post Hotlips. My mother and mother-in-law are both SURVIVORS of breast cancer so I am definately in favor getting checked out.

I have incredible respect for anyone going through this.

Snow Duck

The Great and Mighty SnowDuck
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Aug 27, 2009
Kuna Idaho to Elk City Idaho..
YEP THANKS HOTLIPS FOR POSTING... my sister is possibly in the first stages of finding out if she has cancer or not...Its a so fast paced life we all need to slow down and support all the Ladies in our lives...

here is a pic of me and my support...i hope this puts a smile on your faces!!

th

Last edited:

Hotlips

Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
The tall mountains of north America.
YEP THANKS HOTLIPS FOR POSTING... my sister is possibly in the first stages of finding out if she has cancer or not...Its a so fast paced life we all need to slow down and support all the Ladies in our lives...

here is a pic of me and my support...i hope this puts a smile on your faces!!

th

Thanks Snow Duck, you made my heart smile big....:) Keep me posted on your sister's progress....

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
well...I went in and saw my doc..she said no way would she give me a mamogram..but she did say she would do a colonoscopy on me....
just joking..thanks for posting this hotlips..will tell the ladies I know to get on it...(hmm..maybe I can set up a checker in the shop......) thanks for posting it..will get some pink going this month as well........

Premium Features