• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Love of snowmobiling

M
Oct 31, 2010
Bozeman MT
AS a recently seperated husband ,I can say my wife used to then didnt cause it was to cold for her then 26 yrs and two kids she decided shes gay so now I know why she didnt enjoy time with me. Ive had to watch my best friends (man and wife) ride together on bikes and sleds and camping and boating and Ive always felt part of my life was missing, I will never go there again,even though Im very patient and loving if she doesnt ride and love it I probably wont date her, not being mean .I just know that feeling of leaving someone you care about home every weekend and over the long haul it will fail in all aspects sooner or later. I always called and came home on time every night and did every thing to make it up during the week, dishes laundry kids and spent alot of money in the summer to make sure she was happy. I guess my situation is a hell of alot different than yours but it all leads to the same place sooner or later weather its with another guy or girl. sorry to be blunt but Ive had 3 months to reflect and although I cant blame my self for her lies to me for 26 yrs ,I will look for what I need this time Good luck with a tough decision sincerely Rob in Montana

L

LADYREV800

Dec 1, 2007
MT2AK
I figured everyone could figure out for them selves if it should be in there or not....
PS....mainly just givin Kara a hard time cause she always misses out on our good rides..like at MP131 a couple years ago..she was late to show up..missed a great deep day of freshies....
Always a funny guy aren't ya? :D I couldn't have missed you guys by much that day! Still had a great day though.
Ok, back on topic....
CoyoteGirl nailed it-->It's your passion, don't give it up.
Has he expressed any interest in sledding at all? If he flat out refuses or has no interest then I say pass on him. There are plenty of guys out there that share this same passion of yours, ones that will encourage and support you in doing what you love to do.

P
Oct 13, 2009
Castlegar, BC
Sorry to hear about the broken relationships :( finding out your wife is gay, tough!!!

I dated a guy that ended up injuring his knee riding. He was out for the rest of the season, but I still rode without him. I picked my days carefully because it was always an issue every time I went and he would act like a 5 year old when I would get home from sledding.

One day I woke up, sun was shining and there was a fresh snow fall, I called around to a few buds to go riding, but couldn't find anyone to ride with. My ex BF kept telling me to just go and find people at the staging area. Even told me he'd fuel and load my sled... So I got dressed, and went. Turns out he put diesel in my sled hoping I wouldn't get out of the parking lot. And that was the end of that.

M

mtsummitx

Nov 26, 2007
Billings, MT
hillhor, let me give you another guys perspective (even though this is the ladies forum). I am a divorced guy, and have been single for a long time. Big reason for that is because I have not met a girl that enjoys the things I do like I do. And I am not about to settle for one that doesn't, because I would like to find a girl that I can enjoy spending time with doing the things I enjoy, and know she is truely having fun as well, and that I didn't just DRAG her along. If it was just a small hobby, something you did at home, and still got to spend time together even though you may not both be participating in then it probably wouldn't be a problem. But, with a hobby as big as snowmobiling where you will spend alot of time away from each other because of it, not to mention the money that you will spend on it, I think you would be better suited to find someone that is at least interested in the sport and willing to participate in it with you. Doesn't have to be the baddest dude on the mountain that eats, sleeps, and breaths snowmobiling, but someone interested. My 2cents :face-icon-small-hap

F

FCR112

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 1, 2008
Sorry to hear about the broken relationships :( finding out your wife is gay, tough!!!

I dated a guy that ended up injuring his knee riding. He was out for the rest of the season, but I still rode without him. I picked my days carefully because it was always an issue every time I went and he would act like a 5 year old when I would get home from sledding.

One day I woke up, sun was shining and there was a fresh snow fall, I called around to a few buds to go riding, but couldn't find anyone to ride with. My ex BF kept telling me to just go and find people at the staging area. Even told me he'd fuel and load my sled... So I got dressed, and went. Turns out he put diesel in my sled hoping I wouldn't get out of the parking lot. And that was the end of that.

Whoa, sabotaging your sig other's sled with diesel? That's a dirty Mother F'ker right there... That weasely dude deserved some serious comeuppance.

Wish I could claim that I've never had a moment of acting like a 5 yr old during a crappy spot in a relationship...(however that always passed within a minute or 2, which is actually even more like with a real 5 year old, doh!;) )

Last edited:
H

hillhor

Apr 26, 2010
east coast
WOW... thank you everybody for sharing your thoughts and experiences
it's been very helpful hearing from everyone. I do believe that everyone should have their own space and hobbies, but i also believe that snowmobiling is more than a hobby... it's a way of life. To have a significant other that hares that addiction just makes it that more enjoyable. Something about watching the weather together and repeatedly looking out the window when there's a snowstorm....right?so fun....

Fortunately, I am not dating that individual anymore :face-icon-small-hap Sounds awful to admit this, but he had never used a ratchet strap before, and bent mine because he didn't know how.... I'm independent, but I still want a man thats a man. final straw was when he changed his shirt four times and was worried about the color..... bye-bye

i have since met a better match. He is not into snowmobiling, but does have the rider itch just a different sport. He has mentioned he wanted to get a sled so we could ride together. He use to ride trails, but no off-trail.... boy is he in for a ride :face-icon-small-coo

It's just too bad your on the east coast.....
and yes is is to bad... it sucks on the east coast... we're only good for one POW day a year. and what I mean by that, is we are lucky to get one storm that dumps over 18" at once.... if we get two, that's a good year...lol. we don't have many flow over the windsheild days here.....our snow is more wet and it can be 10 degrees one day and then 40 degree the next. compacts quickly
nevermind the trees..... and if you find a spot that is cleared.... better hope they logged it in the summer, because they leave 4ft high stumps in winter..... not to fun hitting one of them when ripping up the mnt..lol... we do more woods crawling(tree cutting) and creek jumping. But I still love it all the same, and hopefully someday make some trips out west.

Premium Features