• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Something monumental for XP Riders IMO - New Release

Y
Apr 22, 2008
Saw the "Black Project DVD" parts on youtube. Some parts also mention the handling issues with the XP which got me interested. What shock length will the narrow kit use? Know they need ball joint shock eyelets.

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
http://www.sledsolutions.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=1211

Retail pricing is $1950.95

We are taking $500 non-refundable deposits for those who want to get their name on a kit. The earliest these will be shipping is August, the shocks will take that long to get from Fox.

Kit includes EVOL R Fox Shocks with Kashima coating a industry first and exclusive to Skinz kits. This coating has been being used in the mountain bike industry by FOX.

Kashima Coat

Buttery-smooth, Genuine Kashima Coat's distinctive gold color is backed by its high performance attributes — properties that provide an exceptionally smooth feel and extreme durability.

Learn more about Kashima Coat here:

View attachment English_pamphlet.pdf

Nytroty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Chaska, MN
http://www.sledsolutions.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=1211

Retail pricing is $1950.95

We are taking $500 non-refundable deposits for those who want to get their name on a kit. The earliest these will be shipping is August, the shocks will take that long to get from Fox.

Kit includes EVOL R Fox Shocks with Kashima coating a industry first and exclusive to Skinz kits. This coating has been being used in the mountain bike industry by FOX.

Kashima Coat

Buttery-smooth, Genuine Kashima Coat's distinctive gold color is backed by its high performance attributes — properties that provide an exceptionally smooth feel and extreme durability.

Learn more about Kashima Coat here:

View attachment 176550

So all the pictures have Evol X's in them... But you are saying Evol R's? Which is it?

Visi

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Paradise, CA
Which is the actual price of this kit? The price you posted on Snowest for $1950.95 or the price you posted for $1850.95 on the website? Also I know that the geometry was changed but how much? Any details or side by side pictures? Anything done to the shock that makes it special to this kit? Can you order this kit without the Fox R's? How much would the A-arms themselves be because $1000 for A-arms seems pretty steep.

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
Which is the actual price of this kit? The price you posted on Snowest for $1950.95 or the price you posted for $1850.95 on the website? Also I know that the geometry was changed but how much? Any details or side by side pictures? Anything done to the shock that makes it special to this kit? Can you order this kit without the Fox R's? How much would the A-arms themselves be because $1000 for A-arms seems pretty steep.

As stated the $1950.95 is RETAIL, the price on our website is what we are selling the kit for.

This should clear things up for you.

"The spindle is moved 3” forward giving the machine the same type of characteristics we gave the Nytro. As a result, better handling, improved predictability, better cornering for the trail guys and the mountain set up allows the machine to be tipped up and side hilled with predictability. The Ski Doo has a tendency to always want to turn up on a side hill and this front end takes that away so you have much more control to keep the machine going on the side hill instead of always having to fight the machine from wanting to go uphill. In order to technically ride the Ski Doo in trees and steep terrain you found yourself having to position yourself as far forward as you possibly could. In fact, at times on certain terrain you almost felt like you had to put your outside leg over the side panel or hood. This front end removes a lot of that so you are able to just ride the machine with confidence and know it will go where you want it to go.

We included the shocks because the Short Track units require it. We couldn’t do it without the spherical ends and then for the last few years Ski Doo has been jumping around all over with the widths and geometry of their long track stuff. As far as the applications go, this was the cleanest way to go and we see the best performance from the Evol R Kashima Shock. It is possible for any other shock to be used as long as it has spherical ends and it is 17” long. Ski Doo used two different shock lengths which was also an issue. On the short track it’s one length and the long track it’s another. We only wanted to use one length as these shocks are big money and we didn’t want to have to stock two sizes. We designed all of our front ends to use the 17”."

If someone wanted the kit without shocks the price would be $925, this is something Skinz will do as a custom order. A side picture comparing the two is not available yet but when it is I will post it.

I
Mar 20, 2012
widths, post forward ect

I saw a post about a post forward kit they do make one for xp c3 powersports i believe! I have owned and ridden a few xps plus a few other sleds. I'm not a loyalist but have owned many skidoos. here is a list 97 summit, 98 x, 2001x, 2003 rmk 800 mod, 2004x, 2008x, 2009, 2010x, 2010 m8, 2009 f6 irondog sled, 2011 snopro600 irondog sled, current sled is 2008 summit build with 880 bikeman 146" I'm working on. I give you this list so you know i've tried many set ups I also spent a few hours on the 2012 rmk pro. The xp definately favors an aggressive rider. If you are on the throttle big time it does what its told with good predictabilty. The 36" stance is a huge improvement for easy sidehilling and down hill turns without being pinned. The rmk and m8 are easier to start a sidehill at low speed with less throttle but when riding very agressively they aren't nearly as stable. The xp is not as pure of a powder machine as it's counterparts it is way more stable on the trail though. My 2010 M8 snopro was way more fatigueing and felt less controllable at full throttle even in the pow. After about 800 miles i totaled it at 90mph in the whoops on the way back to the truck ouch:) The new arctic cat my be better? The big change for me on the 2013 doo is the foot placement going 8"to9" futher forward thus more over the top of the spindles? I don't know if the spindles moving forward with help or not? My opinion is the 36" kit from doo on the cheap with kybs ($600). The route im lookin at is titanium alternative impact a-arms with fox evols ($2000) either way you will be very happy with the change. I'm not saying in any way the spindles moving forward won't work. I definately wouldn't want the doo running like a M8, or pro

I
Mar 20, 2012
One more thing a nytro is so heavy and the handling is awful (sorry yami guys). It's in no way a good indicator of how a lighter better geometry sled will react to the same change. I'm going to look in to this kit now though and do some more reasearch thanks for info.

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
SPG-FoxAdHalfPage.jpg

SPGSkiDoo42Inch-KashimaEvolR.jpg

SPGSkiDoo38KashimaEvolR.jpg

Can you see these?

Last edited:

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
So I understand that the shocks are going to be the same shock for the wide or narrow kit. How is it possible to use the same valving in a shock that has very different mounting and geometry? Also, are you going to sell the same shock to a 150lb rider as a 250lb rider? I get that they are air shocks and that is easy to adjust but the compression damping(which is non-adjustable on this model Fox) should be WAY different for different ski widths and rider weights.

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
The shock lengths are the same because they mount the lower shock mount in different spots on the lower A-Arm. The shocks do have rebound adjustments on them and have so much more infinite adjustment than any OEM shock made. Rider weight is not something Skinz (or I for that matter)feel most will even consider or notice. It's like comparing a Corvette to a Lambo, a guy buying a Lambo will expect EVERY possible option on his half million dollar car. If you can honestly tell the difference you are a higher caliber rider and should look for something more than this kit. IMO

Premium Features