• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Trygstad 872

T

tukernater

Nov 4, 2009
BC
it is expensive when compared to the cost of premium membership. Other than that people seem to like it.
Thanks CRACKER im in the same boat,but have had the chance to play with Mountainhighs sled so far its awsome and only getting better.:face-icon-small-coo

T

Trigger223

Mar 16, 2011
RMSHA - Afton Wyoming, Luke Rainey wins on 872!!

Thanks CRACKER im in the same boat,but have had the chance to play with Mountainhighs sled so far its awsome and only getting better.:face-icon-small-coo

Great job goes out to Luke Rainey and Delmar and the crew at Star Valley
Ski doo, 3-10-12 at RMSHA Afton event Luke Rainey won the Pro 1000 Improved Class,

On board his 872 - single pipe- stock carbed rocket in a class where anything goes, twin race pipes, open carb rules , open internal mods and ignition allowed,

Keep up the good work!

Dave @ Trygstad Motorsports

T

tukernater

Nov 4, 2009
BC
Great job goes out to Luke Rainey and Delmar and the crew at Star Valley
Ski doo, 3-10-12 at RMSHA Afton event Luke Rainey won the Pro 1000 Improved Class,

On board his 872 - single pipe- stock carbed rocket in a class where anything goes, twin race pipes, open carb rules , open internal mods and ignition allowed,

Keep up the good work!

Dave @ Trygstad Motorsports
Congrats,To all involved.:hail:

109RMSHA

Nov 9, 2011
Way to go Dave. :face-icon-small-hap The sled ran great and Luke rode like a champ!

T

tukernater

Nov 4, 2009
BC
okay highvoltsledhead give me your update,was it worth the 1200 km of driven back and forth in 2 days?and going with out sleep and raping all your buddies of every stock part you could find?Lol just to go on this ride with your 872 I'm wishen I was with ya.I'm betting your shoulder will be sore and your face will hurt from smiling,but remember BREAKIN period buddy.You are by far the most dedicated sledder I know.

hivoltagesledhead

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Nakusp, BC
Okay...here we go. Breakin period.....hmmmmm.....I was once told to break them in like you ride them....for me , thats wfo all the time !!! Dont worry,Dave, I didnt do that here....lol !!!

Got almost 200 hundred miles on it now and it is still gaining power. Clutching is currently set like this:
160-320 spring with 18.8 grams on stock arms with oversize high torque rollers with 441 ramps. Started out on clicker 1 pulling 7500rpm consistently, now on clicker 5 pulling 8000 consistently. Need to get it dialed at clicker 3. Will lower the weight and go from there. Secondary has a stock spring with a QR11 helix (dont know what the angle is on this helix) and high torque rollers.
I am pulling all of my primary with a thin black line about 1/8 of inch from top of sheave. Backshift and upshift seem good, track speed is bx 40 -50 mph and over 60 mph on the hardpack. Stock gearing on an 09 summit x 163 with stock drivers. Runing 25% vp 112 and seeing 1170-1200 on egts on a long climb and 900-1150 on a bumpy trail, depending on how long I am in the mid range.

The sled has room for improvement on the clutchng but it flat out freakin rips !! I have never felt this kind of smooth acceleration and torque. There were several occasions while climbing when I would hit a packed trail and damn near have the sled rip out from underneath me....You need to hang on with this beast or you will lose it.

I am very impressed !!! 4 days of breakin and long climbs and trails and not a hitch. Well done Dave !!! Cant wait to try the new head.:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap

T

Trigger223

Mar 16, 2011
Hi Voltage,
Your head dome inserts will be shipped Monday, We have made some slight changes to
the previous dome style with great improvements,

Many more improvements coming to the 872 over the summer as we continue to dyno
and test this great engine,

* We have 7 Etechs 872's on the Mountain at this time, very happy customers!!

Dave T

109RMSHA

Nov 9, 2011
Dave this i Justin Jacobson hows everything going. I will be giving you a call about a full improver for next year. thanks for all you do.

Premium Features