• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What could Doo put out to top the '13 RMK!?!

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
This was going good until Fred got involved. Funny how that happens over and over.

Anyway, I think Doo can do a few things to make their sled better.

-Make it skinner. Make the side panels less protruding so that it will hold the side hill better. This is something Polaris did with the Pro over the IQ.

-Clutching. Find a way to put the Doo's power advantage to the ground. Maybe a Tied secondary. This would be huge.

-Bringing in the skis more won't be enough. Time to find geometry changes that will help the boondocking ability of the XP. Vertical steering? Not sure but it seems Doo can make some chassis tweaks w/o making a completely different sled. This might be a good time to brace the nun so they don't bend so easily.

I don't see huge weight savings for Doo unless they completely redesign just like Poo did a couple years back. They could save weight with a belt drive, but I don't see huge weight savings from that.

I don't see myself on a Doo unless they can drop to the Pro's weight, Pro's boondocking and keep the Doo power. That's a lot to ask and would require a whole new chassis.

A

assault11

Jan 14, 2011
Red deer, Alberta
All you people that say the poo is underpowered obviously haven't ridden one. Poo may have had some motor issues with the dragons but the motors in the pro are IMO the greatest 800 motor ever made. They are so simple. You guys are just brain washed with the etec. Drive a pro and you'll realize they are great sleds.

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
All you people that say the poo is underpowered obviously haven't ridden one. Poo may have had some motor issues with the dragons but the motors in the pro are IMO the greatest 800 motor ever made. They are so simple. You guys are just brain washed with the etec. Drive a pro and you'll realize they are great sleds.

The greatest 800 ever made? Ummmm I'm not on the boat with all the skeptics that say the poo 800 is worthless, but look at the engineering in the suzuki 800 and e-tec. Both without a doubt better motors. Take the blinders off. Both pull harder and the cat surpasses in reliability. The chassis and drive train of the poo make it shine.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
The greatest 800 ever made? Ummmm I'm not on the boat with all the skeptics that say the poo 800 is worthless, but look at the engineering in the suzuki 800 and e-tec. Both without a doubt better motors. Take the blinders off. Both pull harder and the cat surpasses in reliability. The chassis and drive train of the poo make it shine.

I don't think the Poo motor is the greatest ever but I certainly don't agree with what you are saying. The AC 800HO motor is a great motor but Doo has had issues with rings for years. AC gets the nod for 2 stroke reliability but the new CFI2 from Poo has been solid.

H

High Velocity

Nov 27, 2007
Hinton, Alberta
..... but Doo has had issues with rings for years.

Plus cranks, rods, etc. They may finally be close to getting it right with the etec, but no matter what the Doo sheep say, fact is, the 800 Rotax has been a POS since it's inception. I've rebuilt far, far more 800 Rotax's than any other brand. Fact, not Doo rider fiction.

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
I don't think the Poo motor is the greatest ever but I certainly don't agree with what you are saying. The AC 800HO motor is a great motor but Doo has had issues with rings for years. AC gets the nod for 2 stroke reliability but the new CFI2 from Poo has been solid.

Thats why i didn't say the etec surpassed it in reliability, but look at the features of each. On a day where they are both running at their best the etec will shine over the cfi.

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
You guys are crazy. I think the Xp is the same or better than the PRO. I have ridden both and I didn't get off my XP, if that says anything

Yes, the hype around the PRO is phenomenal and everybody is falling for it.

Before you start giving up on the XP, give BRP a chance to answer.

Yeah, the Pro went to 417 pounds, so they say. but since when has any MFR been honest about weight. And looking at that belt drive I see tons wrong. For starters it's just two wheels. I see slipping and broken belts. Just watch.

But I'll watch it with an open mind and see.

Z

zEEx

Nov 29, 2007
Lake Country BC
Im going to try the 2013 doo on thursday. The president of BRP was out here last week riding the new summit. That says alot about whats coming!!Im a doo guy to the bones, always have been....Cant wait to see it!!!!!!!!!

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
you poo guys are a joke, stay the hell in your fourm if your talking this nonesense... the rotax is a puss, coming from the guys with the worst motor record there has ever been, go back to the hole you came from

in less than two weeks, we will not here much from you three again, since you will be in shock and awe

J

jdog

Nov 28, 2007
central wa
new skid doo

fred u destroy every thread you get on! Get back on your 670 rotax and quite talking like you know every f***ING THING THERE IS ABOUT SNOWMOBILES! You want to read any thread on here and you are there. Do you have every xp product made? If I read the last couple of threads i would say you have an etec, etec turbo, 860 trygstad, 860 bj, 880 trygstad, 880 bikeman!!!!!! F**k how do you find time to ride all these sleds.

on to my comment. I just hope skidoo with a little bit more hp, maybe a team clutch, the anticipation is killing alot of us so I hope its good!

Last edited:

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
I have rode both sleds the pol is a good sled close to the xp but it only took the how many years to catch up? I don't go to the pol forums and bash there sled. They really have there panties in a bunch over this years release of a new sled from doo. They (pol) bought the cleanfire tech from doo it is the sdi tech. Pol has to clean up there emissions on the pro, I am shocked there is not a di for this year.

T
Feb 3, 2008
Bend, Or
The pros are a fine sled. I wouldn't say they are better or worse than an xp but I ride with a lot of guys that have pros and they won't climb with an xp. Just plain and simpile fact. The xps boondock just fine better than the pro in my opinion but that has a lot to do with how much time you've spent on either sled. I've rode doos for years only because no one else has came out with a sled that out works the xp. So when I find a poo or ac that will out climb or out boondock my xp ill buy one. But I don't see that happening any time soon. And for 2013 a little clutching help and a better skid would be nice. But I would hate to see them go to vertical steering. That's one huge down fall to poo and ac. that's just my opinions on em.

S
Mar 6, 2008
Northern Sweden
I have to ask.... Why the heck do you want a vertical steering post? that is the last thing I miss from the Po I had before... except perhaps for the grenading engine.

Must say, looks like Po is back in the race when it comes to what sled to choose for next year, I will however not snocheck anything before I see what Doo comes up with, (if its anything with vertical steering post I'll go Po just to protest!).

liebherrcraneguy

Lifetime Membership
Sep 7, 2010
The c3 post forward is perfect in my opinion. Not vertical and not a friggin trail sled either. Riser is perfectly inline with the steering post and everything feels wonderful when standing and still pretty good when sitting. This is on a 2011 summit x with a ten inch riser with a 6'6" rider so the riser could be much shorter for the average rider. I hope the 2013 is set up at this angle. Without this mod it is simply too low and you have to compromise with the riser not being inline with post which in turn compromises handling.

mrquick68

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2004
Kirkland, WA
It's pretty much a fact that vertical steering offers more leverage than direct type steering, making a sled easier to rider in technical terrain. If Doo would offer a sled w/ an ETEC, vertical steering, that was skinnier, and that wasn't always trying to turn up hill, I'm going to have an excellent decision on my hands between a Pro and Doo. Looking forward to seeing this new Doo. I love the ETEC, i just do not love my XP chassis. My old m1000 handled better for technical riding than my Doo does.

B

bigbird

Nov 26, 2007
edmonton area
www.rushmotorsports.ca
I'm a yammie guy so not a whole lot of bias. Couple weeks ago I got a chance to ride a 12 pro and a 12 e tec. Pro is noticeably easier to pull over which I personally didn't care for. For people that have a hard time making a sled carve I can see where this would be a plus. Found a hill that was un touched and 2-3 feet of bc pow and took a few pulls on both. Pro is severely underpowered, wasn't even close. The pro can't spin the track fast enough to stay on top in the deep stuff. I'm looking at adding a 2 stroke and would definately buy the doo. I like the chassis better and the extra horsepower is too much to overlook

Premium Features