• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

860 big bore kit

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
What kind of compression do these 860 kits run

I set the compression for 89/90 octane (no such thing as pump 92 anymore) and your elevation...now if you want to add 1 gallon of 110 then I can adjust compression for 92 octane...your call..I can set up for any compression-BJ

Backcountrypro

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Big John-What is the word on a big bore kit for a Etech? When will it happen? I would love to buy to a new Summit but come on a 800 Etech is.....BORING!

L

lookup

Nov 26, 2007
sheridan wy
I personally would like to know whos tried a set of twin pipes and what success or a slp pipe or anyones pipe for that matter. And has anyone run a timbersled intake with these big bores? Somebody has to know what works and what does not, besides the kit builder, who doesn't want to be blamed for burning up a engine that he didn't tune . Don't blame him there.

R

RKT

Jul 19, 2001
Preston, Idaho
www.2strokeheads.com
We have tried almost all combinations of pipes, intakes, air box mods etc. etc.. This kit is going on its 6th year of production(at least for us who did the very 1st one).. So, after 6 years and over 16000 miles.. thre is really no mysteries left on what the best set ups are and what helps and what hinders.. We do our best to test most aftermarket add ons and try to get the best possbile combination of items to make the engine perform to its full potential.. After this last season, we feel very confident that we have reached the goal..

Hope this helps

Kelsey

Last edited:
S

shredder

Nov 26, 2007
I have the trigstad 860 kit. I love the torque it has. I would not hesitate to put in an RKT or a BJ kit either.

S

swrev

Jun 26, 2008
Lewistown, MT
What's the odds in Vegas this thread turns into a 14 page bitchfest from those 1 or 2 people that have more money than tuning capability???

Those same people may think that a turbo w/ EFI may be the solution, or better yet nitrous. Fail safe, right???

Grenaded the piss out of my Rev w/ nitrous trying to keep up with those damn 860's.

M

madmini660

Nov 6, 2008
lewistown mt
Those same people may think that a turbo w/ EFI may be the solution, or better yet nitrous. Fail safe, right???

Grenaded the piss out of my Rev w/ nitrous trying to keep up with those damn 860's.

so your finally telling the truth haha been waiting to hear that and my dads 860 pulled the hill and the turbo just got over ahead of me but not by much got to love the torque of an 860 the 860 was making our buddy with the turbo pro wish he would have just put an 860 in his xp after that day haha

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
No issues with the SHR860 I had and John was always happy to answer any questions.
Call him...he's a straight shooter, discuss your budget and expectations and he will give you some options of what will work best for YOU.

C

CBX

Jan 21, 2008
Yes I DOO...I make everything...cast my own pistons...rechrome cylinders (us chrome is just a front)even refine the fuel everyone uses...SHR is a world wide corporation that is responsible for everything and everybody...I even invented the internet...:boxing:

Hey John, you should change the name to Prestige World Wide.....:lol:

I think i might actually buy a big bore kit from you after all these years. I walked into a dealer yesterday to go buy a polaris pro...... I chickend out last minute. Never rode a Pro and the running boards just take me back to the old days. I want to see what a turbo'ed pro does with my own eyes first.

I think i'm going to just improve the 09' instead.

C

CBX

Jan 21, 2008
One the subject of Bored Carbs, another snowester who asked talked to Byeatts before says the carb mod is a sure thing?

BJ, could you elaborate on that? More air makes sense. DMAX dynoed an R motor with HO carb boots and picked up something like 8 hp if i remember right?

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
One the subject of Bored Carbs, another snowester who asked talked to Byeatts before says the carb mod is a sure thing?

BJ, could you elaborate on that? More air makes sense. DMAX dynoed an R motor with HO carb boots and picked up something like 8 hp if i remember right?

I run a Anally tuned full mod 880. Had Rich at Dyno port bore my carbs.there is hand work required and both sides matched perfectly. Quick response and turn around. My clutching was and had been spot on for over a year.Toms heavy arms .433,s oversized rollers 160/320 at high altitude.Tied 155/222.66/62 After the carb work and no other changes at all. I raised the needle from .024 to .034 and opened the fuel screws 1 1/2 to 2 turns with no main jet change as EGT,s stayed the same at 1220 max. Throttle response is instantly noticed and running on the same hill climb we always hit on the way up to the top i was over-reving to 8500. clicked down from 2 to 1 and still high RPM,s. went to a 160/290 to correct it.that is what the carbs did straight up.that is a good increase of track speed when tossing a lighter spring in the mix.I believe with an SHR camel toe ported cylinder 880 and pipe the carbs were a bottleneck,at least on a big bore.probably not as noticeable on a stock motor.

brocknriley

Lifetime Membership
May 27, 2008
Idaho
got one more question...155-222 is not marked with an asterisk in the Handbook...Goodwin Perf website says the astericks are for TSS04/Tied clutches only...pretty sure my Tied was shipped with a 140-240 which is also not marked with an asterick...

Can you straighten me out here?

Marc

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Bob, you run the 2007 needles in the 880?

Thanks, Marc

no. The 860 ran well with 07 needles however the 880,s have a stronger intake signal and pull more fuel at low RPM,much depends on the reeds your using as well, it is cleaner on the 08 needle and i run 15 pilots at high altitude,15 or 17.5 both work well.just personal preference.Guys the low rpm circuits dot no get adjusted via DPM at altitude.

Last edited:

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
A slight highjack. For those of us still kicking it old school on the HO's, hoiw far behind and 860 will I be if I throw in and 840, or 827 kit?

its all in the tuning. A well tuned 840 can kill a mediocre tuned 860

R
Jan 15, 2010
I bought a 08 154 last summer with a SHR860. Rode it out west the first time started having wierd revving issues on the last day out.
I brought it to BJ and told him what was happening and looked for some help.They tore it down found some issues and the main one was the flaking of the nik. He called told me what was happening said he would do what he could. Long story short he got the nik warrantied and saved me a ton of cost. I did still pay for some things and it cost me money but I do believe he did go above and do what he could to make it right.
I have 300 miles of flatland riding and 100 or so of mountain on it with no issues and very excited to get it out again this year with no worries.

R

rev_rider800

Jan 23, 2011
minneapols mn
The SHR840 is a strong motor as well...the new port specs are amazing! If you're still rockin the rev, it's a solid way to go!

Last edited:
Premium Features