• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011 800 E-Tec with 189" track. Pics included

P

P Money

Nov 29, 2010
Denver, CO.
LAY OFF!! Don't have to be hard on a crew just for wanting to build something bigger and badder!! Im sure are plenty of things that WE ALL do and have done in the past that others look at as " why would you do... or why would you spend..." you know? Its there choice to do, just like spending money at all on our sport, there are many people that look at me funny for what I spent on my sled, spend on gas and oil, but its MY choice! Maybe they'll find out its too much, but also maybe you'll be asking for one in a couple years... don't hate!
P

440dart

Jan 5, 2008
montana
Went rideing with a xp 154 same skill level through tight trees thank god i dont have a 154 those things blow he was stuck left and right maybe with a little more space he could keep momentum and do ok but theres nothing like a 174 in the trees ok maybe i would take a 154 with about 200hp.

my version boondocking sure must be alot different then 7/8th of the people on here because there is no way in hell a 154 would hang with a 174 in the trees in deep sno

cool thing about a 174 it does everything hills/boondocks and a 189 could only be that much better

Feb 28, 2009
bigger the track in Montana is the only way to go. Run 18/45 gearing and let that thing chew thought the tight trees. I wouldn't go any shorter then a 174" for that type of riding. so much fun. great snow this week in Seeley and Whitefish.

440dart

Jan 5, 2008
montana
bigger the track in Montana is the only way to go. Run 18/45 gearing and let that thing chew thought the tight trees. I wouldn't go any shorter then a 174" for that type of riding. so much fun. great snow this week in Seeley and Whitefish.

i love rideing with the small track guys with the ego that big tracks cant go thru the trees sure is funny seeing them the next weekend out with a bigger track, ill stick with the 2.5 as i think its a better all around track just dont think the 3in will do as good on a more setup sno condition untill i see it in person that is. There is definitly a point to where the tracks going to be useless in tight trees for the fact that it will be like driveing a semi in new york city, but i think that will be a 200" track but i cant knock till i try it

N

nuggetau

Sep 26, 2009
Idaho
Without a turbo to turn all that track I'm not sure i see the point? Track speed will likely be in the low 30's.

Feb 28, 2009
I have some buddies that went back to running 2.5 rather then 3" because they kept breaking chains but, they do hook up. I am going to end up putting one on one of my sleds just because I can. I started making my own chains out of the older wider skidoo chains. but I love where my 174" 2.5" gets me. actually was jumping her this weekend and didn't even damage my rails.

Leaf27

Premium Member
Oct 24, 2008

18t is small, that chain must look like a pork chop...scary

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
Without a turbo to turn all that track I'm not sure i see the point? Track speed will likely be in the low 30's.

You can call me a lier but The Pro RMK consisatnly hits 45-53 mph in 3 ft of pow going up some steep long pulls. I can get 50 ish to high 40's and the other one is almost always around 45 mph all track speed. Actual graound speed is lower of coarse but still night and day faster than the stock 163".

Right now the motors are all stock. Waiting for some worth while go fast parts. We have been mostly focasing on clutching, clutching, clutching.

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
i love rideing with the small track guys with the ego that big tracks cant go thru the trees sure is funny seeing them the next weekend out with a bigger track, ill stick with the 2.5 as i think its a better all around track just dont think the 3in will do as good on a more setup sno condition untill i see it in person that is. There is definitly a point to where the tracks going to be useless in tight trees for the fact that it will be like driveing a semi in new york city, but i think that will be a 200" track but i cant knock till i try it

That is pretty dang funny watching those guys. They either shut up and ride from then on or don"t come.

S

Slick

Nov 26, 2007
The 153 & 4 guys r a hoot. Watch the vidoes of some guys boondocking and you'll notice the trees are usually spaced so you can pretty much keep full throttle all the time. These are the fun guys to stop in front of in deep stuff with a 163 or 174 when theres no option but stopping for them. Then tell me your 153 is your favorite for "boondocking" That ain't boondocking boys , its slalom racing, and it can be fun, sorta like a jet ski....for a half hour or so. I get a giggle out of so many buddies we ride with who don't jump but expound on the superior virtues of the "short track".. , but hey I guess they're sorta helping keep me in shape. LOL

Premium Features