• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

HOT NEW PRODUCT - XP Air Frame Running Boards

V
Jan 3, 2008
Eastern Wshington
These look like they would shed snow great but I don't see how they could be stronger. It looks to me that they rely on only two strong attachment points with the tunnel, front and rear.

Last edited:

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
Are the studs bergstroms screws? They do tend to rust a lil FYI. Wonder what your brds will look like in white?

I'm not sure if they are or not but Skinz is have them coated to stop rust.

These look like they would shed snow great but I don't see how they could be stronger. It looks to me that they rely on only two strong attachment points with the tunnel, front and rear.

Tubular design is much stronger than flat aluminum. The actual boards themselves are stronger, they mount to the stock locations plus along the inside of the boards.

L
May 15, 2009
Do you have any pictures of how these boards mount in the front foot wells?
Doesn't look like in the pictures that they're mounted very solid in the front, thus my question.

skierh2o

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
I am looking for dimmensional info. but can't find any?

At the drop bracket location on the tunnel, what it the tunnel to outside width compared to stock?

I am looking for wider, but.... these look great!

Skier

V
Jan 3, 2008
Eastern Wshington
So it looks like you have tried them personally. Would you say this new product has more of less flex/deflection under rider weight than the stock boards? If it's not to much to ask, would you measure the amount of flex/deflect downward when you stand on them?? What do you weigh? This is very important to me so please comment! If they are strong enough I will be picking a set. Thanks

Last edited:

2Thetopp

Lifetime Membership
HOT NEW PRODUCT - XP Air Frame Running Boards Reply to Thread

Looks like a product that will really work, we know the stockers don't. I'm also curious about the flex so any feedback would be helpful. I was hoping for a little lower price but if they work the way I think they will should be worth it." Buy the best and cry once"

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
So it looks like you have tried them personally. Would you say this new product has more of less flex/deflection under rider weight than the stock boards? If it's not to much to ask, would you measure the amount of flex/deflect downward when you stand on them?? What do you weigh? This is very important to me so please comment! If they are strong enough I will be picking a set. Thanks

I have not tried them personally. I will be installing a set on a Crossfire in the coming months. I'll test them and do a step by step with pictures thread on them. After they are installed I can give you more info but the tubular design will definitely remove some of the flex IMO.

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
SPGSkiDooAirFrameRunningBoardIns-3.jpg

SPGSkiDooAirFrameRunningBoardIns-2.jpg

SPGSkiDooAirFrameRunningBoardIns-1.jpg

SPGSkiDooAirFrameRunningBoardInst-P.jpg

Premium Features