• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Common XP issue and maintenance!!

Thread Rating
3.00 star(s)
M

mfatty

Dec 13, 2007
sheridan
rear suspenion

I am on my third set of rear suspenion drop brackets anyone have a solution. Maybe I'm just a fatf**k that needs to take it easy ??

G
Apr 23, 2008
In the 2010 HPE catalog I found aN XP lower brace that does EXACTLY what I was doing to the racers last year..!!!

It is on page 22 of the accessories catalog.
ski doo xp belly brace.

Gus:D

T
May 25, 2008
Oroville Washington
In the 2010 HPE catalog I found aN XP lower brace that does EXACTLY what I was doing to the racers last year..!!!

It is on page 22 of the accessories catalog.
ski doo xp belly brace.

Gus:D

I saw that. I was wondering if that was the same concept.

I wonder if one of those could be used to help limit movement with a bigger motor??

Jake

rab

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
I saw that. I was wondering if that was the same concept.

I wonder if one of those could be used to help limit movement with a bigger motor??

Jake

I looked at the online catalouge and didnt see what you guys are refering to could you please post a part #
thanks

A

AMSOILR

Nov 9, 2008
Idaho
My fuel gauge quit working on my 08 800 XP. It reads empty all the time. I have checked the fuse and connections. Any ideas? Really don't want to take it to the dealer.

K

Keithcat

Nov 27, 2007
2009 XP's leak coolant from most of the large clamps. Mine leaves a small green spot on the snow every night. You will need to remove Skidoo clamps and install the old style hose clamp. I only have one clamp thats seeping. Its the one under the fuel tank.

2008 XP, thought I would throw this out. The oil tanks leaks from the cap. Makes quite a mess. I would need to check but replacing the cap with a new one MAY be the fix. Its been changed on the 09.

Y

yam_apex91469

Jan 24, 2007
Byron, IL
good info guys - another small issue is the small hex head bumper bolt can chew up the outsides of the track lugs on some machines. Must be due to the minimal amount of space between the track and tunnel? Other members have had this problem too - I'm trying a different type of bolt this year - hope it helps

newmy1

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Huskerland
My fuel gauge quit working on my 08 800 XP. It reads empty all the time. I have checked the fuse and connections. Any ideas? Really don't want to take it to the dealer.

Same things happened to my '09. They put a new tank on it under warranty.

S

skidoo_guy

Nov 26, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Thanks 100 times over for this one Winter Brew as I would have never thought to look at it and it is sheared off on my sled.

Ok guys, I am sticking this to the XP sled section. I want people to post links to any other threads and just post in here about issues that you are finding with your XP's, what people are doing to fix it, any updates you hear about etc.

The first thing I would like to add to the thread is the link to Winter Brews thread about rear motor mount bolts breaking the heads off. It is right here http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=165604

I will unstick that thread so to access it, just use the link.

Hopefully this will give us XP guys a place to look and see what guys are having problems with without having to search the whole forum!

Jake

S

skidoo_guy

Nov 26, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Another thing I thought of that I am not sure is a problem on the xp as it was on the rev but are the carb boots ok from delaminating?

T
May 25, 2008
Oroville Washington
So far we havent seen too much in the way of carb boot delam. Atleast not in our group. Others??

I believe Skidoo pretty much dealt with the Rave issue on the 08 sled. Correct me if im wrong but I believe the 08 valves were cut from a different material than the 07 valves and the softer 07 ones were failing in some cases?? I believe turboal has more info on this.

Jake

B
Sep 16, 2009
Calgary, AB
2008 summit Clutching

I have been reading alot about the stock clutching on the 2008 800 summits, and apparently its garbage. I just bought a 2008 154 800, and I am thinking about getting a dynamo joe mountain clutch kit, I hear they are the cats a$$. I was wondering how to install it as I have never pulled a clutch apart. Even if I don't get one, what do I need to do to pull the clutching apart to give it a proper cleaning?

S

skidoo_guy

Nov 26, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I have been reading alot about the stock clutching on the 2008 800 summits, and apparently its garbage. I just bought a 2008 154 800, and I am thinking about getting a dynamo joe mountain clutch kit, I hear they are the cats a$$. I was wondering how to install it as I have never pulled a clutch apart. Even if I don't get one, what do I need to do to pull the clutching apart to give it a proper cleaning?

The secondary is kind of a bear cat, especially the first time. Have to pretty much pull the jackshaft out because the inner half is attached to the jackshaft. Do a search on here for changing the helix on an xp and you should get plenty of topics. It requires some special tools or you need to make some tools. Primary is pretty easy. Just need the puller and forks to hold the buttons in and some ready rod. Search should get what you need to know.

Premium Features