• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What New sled for next season

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
2% failure??? Only on the 850. 47 seems high. I know every 850 owner is on SW so that may not be a true number. I ride an Axys and like however buying an 850 scares me so I’m looking at a Cat. I rode Cat for years before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All I am saying is that there is a substantial risk to buying the new 850 from Polaris. Is the poll perfect? Certainly not but you just do not see that many failures from the other brands. My guess is the number is a lot higher than the poll shows too. Other guys try to downplay the poll and accuse other forum members of lying, cheating and trolling to make Polaris look bad. Funny thing is, Polaris obviously doesn't need any help this year...

Buy what you like but, if you chose Poo and get burned, don't cry about not knowing what you were getting into.

willjogervais

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2011
SW Minnesota
You and timbre live on the same island of unicorns and butterflies. no doubt they all make great sleds but its hard to gauge when "I haven't ridden the other 2019's" and I'm SURE timbre could not bring himself to set foot on any other makers inferior machine.

I and 10"bigdick guy are not just Poo haters for no reason. poo had to earn this. I have seen many learn over the years some are faster learners and some just put their head in the sand.
BTW I rode with a 2019 850 on 12 psi yesterday and we were 2 sled lengths apart and I was on a stock 19 mc with the same track length.

Haha bull****

Today, I rode an 850 axys on 7 lbs, a new alpha 165, an 18 mtn cat, and an 18 poo 174" in Cooke. All are great sleds, but they aren't even in the same ball park as the turbo. A turbo cat would smoke a na poo just the same

Last edited:

Wintertime

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2014
Casper, WY
Big 10,

You totally missed what I was saying I think there are a lot more failures than they have let on to. SW is a small pie. I like my Axys however that has come with A LOT of maintenance and repairs of small stuff that should not wear. The other thing is ALOT of Dealers and their Techs are clueless about how to diagnose problems on these power plants. Don't flame me and my Dealer is the best and all his Techs are Engineered and trained. I said A LOT, not ALL. The other thing that is not ever talked about is setup. On a new sled did you every sign a setup sheet during purchase did they explain to you how they are shipped and what they have to do to set it up? Probably not. Have you checked any of the parts they install, Skis and bars etc? The manufacturers have a setup manually for every sled with torque specs for every part that needs installed and specs for everything else that should be checked before it goes to your home. I'm not saying that it solves all problems. However, if a dealer can't set up a sled correctly how to do you think they will fix a crank. I have witnessed dealers setting up Axys sleds on the Sales floor with a bat. powered impacts just cranking the bolts on the skis and other parts. That makes me feel good!! High school age kids doing it that normally work in parts. Look all this stuff adds up to problems with sleds. If the manufacturer can't make a product that won't make 100 miles and have to give you a 4-year warranty to save it? I'm not a die-hard Polaris fan my Axys is the first Polaris I have owned since My 87' Indy 400 rode Cats and Yamaha's. I do like my Axys. However, you are not going to hear me CRY about anything. Polaris just needs to own up to all there little things and FIX it that is the bottom line.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
BTW I rode with a 2019 850 on 12 psi yesterday and we were 2 sled lengths apart and I was on a stock 19 mc with the same track length.

Uh Huh! Riiiiiight. No Way any stock sled will stay with a turbo.

Gotta call BS on this one. Credibility just took a nosedive.

Sure glad you like your sled though; i sure like mine :)

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
You are correct - WAAAY out of proportion! Mostly by those who ride other brands of sleds, calamity howlers, and other "trolls" on this site. This axys 850 is without question by FAR the BEST sled out there for mountain riding.

I question how you came up with this statement and I like the 850. Maybe I like it the best by far but by far the best is an overstatement by far.

Premium Features