• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Trip to Revy viper questions

A

APEXMT

Nov 27, 2007
Heading to Revy this winter, Does anyone have any recomendations on a setup on my Viper?
Its a 2015 MTX with a dealer installed snow checked turbo kit then upgraded to a stage one mpi kit with the bigger intercooler and larger fuel pump and quick spool wastegate, gems controller. kinda looking for a clutch seup and gems settings to start with possible. also does anyone know the law on bringing racing fuel to canada or can we buy it in revy easily? TIA

Climbmax

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2001
Big Mountains of B.C.
Clutch it for 6000-7000 and you are good to go.
Many people have brought their own fuel from USA without issue. Its a lot more to purchase in Revy....you would almost cry im sure.
Enjoy your trip.
Rs

sidehil

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Federal Way
The only thing we've been hassled for is way to much beer, never for fuel jugs:) Canada sucks at liquor sales, load up a day early evey time:))

I
Feb 21, 2015
Not wishing to get into a pissing match, but first of all the town of Revelstoke is at 1580' above sea level with the highest peaks in the area just under 8000'.
We went to Grand Mesa last year which is around 10800' max and I asked the same questions. The information that I got was that I did not have to do anything to my clutches that was not done for where I ride in the prairies as with the turbo and MPI EABC I have the same power as I had at home. It will compensate for thin air by increasing the boost automatically. In theory you have the same horse power you have at home so if it works there then you are good.

This is the information I was given and after 5 hard days at a higher elevation I would think that it is correct. Maybe someone in the mountains that rides Turbo 4 stroke regularly can chime in.

Premium Features