• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

DYNO NUMBERS for the new Yamaha Genesis 998 Turbo Engine

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Don`t get exited, this trick has been around for many years. Boosted test sleds are often at a higher hp numbers than the production models.

How many stock boosted sleds have there been??? Only 2 that count (M1100 Turbo and Sidewinder) The Polaris FST and the Arctic Cat T660 probably didn't live off of inflated numbers. The 1100 Turbo, if I remember correctly showed 177 HP and it was consistently higher than that in production form. GET EXCITED, VERY EXCITED.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Don`t get exited, this trick has been around for many years. Boosted test sleds are often at a higher hp numbers than the production models.
Sorry.
But I think Yamaha WILL deliver on the HorsePower in the production units.

Yamaha has a long tradition of Under-Promissing and Over-Delivering on the engine side of their products.

I

Insaneboltrounder/sjohns

Nov 26, 2007
Here we go again. Dyno tech numbers. The same guys that tell us the doo 800etec makes 163hp. If they are saying its 204 then you can be sure it's closer to what yammie is saying its is .... I can't wait to hear what they say the 850 is. Everyone is going to be pumped that they have a 173hp sled coming

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
P

For sure.. If dynotech don't come close to 175hp on the 850cc doo than something smells fishy.. Sounds like they will have one done in next few weeks..

Dyno teck just had the HO 800 poo, and all it could muster up was 154hp..

thumbs up to yammy for the first 200hp production sled with warrenty

ntm_08

Lifetime Membership
May 21, 2009
How many stock boosted sleds have there been??? Only 2 that count (M1100 Turbo and Sidewinder) The Polaris FST and the Arctic Cat T660 probably didn't live off of inflated numbers. The 1100 Turbo, if I remember correctly showed 177 HP and it was consistently higher than that in production form. GET EXCITED, VERY EXCITED.

Just wait and see.. Compere the boost numbers from this test with the production sled next season and see :D 660 AC, 750 FST sure was stronger in the testmodels. Remember people complaining when they got their sleds.

But i shure hope this is correct.

ntm_08

Lifetime Membership
May 21, 2009
Sorry.
But I think Yamaha WILL deliver on the HorsePower in the production units.

Yamaha has a long tradition of Under-Promissing and Over-Delivering on the engine side of their products.

If this is correct they may get a lawsuit from country`s that base their tax off the HP numbers. So i don`t think they will push more than 180 in their production sleds.

Often dyno`s are showing more than the company's numbers. Dyno`s are easy to manipulate to show more HP numbers. This way they sell more performance parts etc.

Just saying don`t trust everything you read/see. Can`t wait to see a comparison test between every manufacturer next season with all engines broken in . I dont care about the actual numbers. But the number difference between all engines.

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
Pretty impressive as Yamaha is very conservative in there HP numbers, may have to look pretty hard at one of these. I'm thinking 300 HP area with some goodies on there wooohoooo !!!:face-icon-small-coo

S

Shred4Ever

Nov 2, 2013
Here we go again. Dyno tech numbers. The same guys that tell us the doo 800etec makes 163hp. If they are saying its 204 then you can be sure it's closer to what yammie is saying its is .... I can't wait to hear what they say the 850 is. Everyone is going to be pumped that they have a 173hp sled coming

Sorry to burst your bubble but yup I know for fact north of 200.... Just sayin.... Oh and that's from the big blue birdies!!!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Pretty impressive as Yamaha is very conservative in there HP numbers, may have to look pretty hard at one of these. I'm thinking 300 HP area with some goodies on there wooohoooo !!!:face-icon-small-coo
You KNOW we will see "BUILT" versions of this engine in no time at all.

S

srxspec

Nov 27, 2007
www.ulmerracing.com
And it's altitude compensating so the boost is only relevant if you know the elevation. I have yet to see sea level boost numbers. I know that turbo on the 1100 was 7 lbs at sea level to be 177.

Peak boost on sidewinder on the dyno run was 10.2 peak boost, but the 204.1 hp was at 10 lbs boost.

Peak boost on 1100 turbo on same dyno was 11.3 psi, but peak HP was at 11 psi.

The dyno is at approximately 870 foot elevation.

Premium Features