• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

RotoPax Gas Tanks

A
Dec 31, 2007
Eagle River, AK
I had been searching for a gas tank system for my sled and I have finally found one that I love, just to be clear I am not affiliated with RotoPax in any way, just a happy customer.

www.rotopax.com

Fitment:
The mounting plate is SPOT ON and very nicely done. It's all made from aluminum and looks very nice. The only thing I wasn't sure about was the small bolts and nylon lock nuts, the bolts barely hit the end of the nuts, it looks like this was done to give clearance for the track paddles, I added lock tight just encase and so far everything looks great.

Gas Jugs:
The jugs are awesome, they are the good old vented poor type and they are very beefy/thick plastic. The ones pictured below are 2 gallons each, you can also get smaller one gallon jugs and they can stack with the 2 galloners. They DO NOT leak what so ever, I was amazed because they lay on their side.

Overall:
I have only had a few rides to test it on but so far it has held up nicely, doesn't budge especially if you get the Deluxe mounting handle, this allows you to really crank the cans down so they cant move at all.

Now for the pictures. I had my mounting plate powder coated black to match my sled. Here you will see them on my M8 and my dads RMK, if you have a newer RMK RotoPax has utilized the rail system so no drilling holes for you lucky guys.

pax6.jpg

pax3i.jpg

pax11.jpg

pax7.jpg

pax8.jpg

pax9.jpg

pax10.jpg

If you decide to try them out make sure you send pictures to Jason at RotoPax so he can put them on their website.

Last edited:
Q

Q-BALL

Nov 26, 2007
northpole,ak.
Well written review,thank you.Do you have to use the extension when using 2 or more containers? I assume so, my oldest son wants to put this on his xp and get the utility box along w/gas can/s.

A
Dec 31, 2007
Eagle River, AK
Neat system!

Can that handle thingee in the middle be removed when not packing the tank?

The handle unscrews but the part in the middle has to stay, it is bolted through the mounting plate from the bottom, so might as well leave the handle on.

Well written review,thank you.Do you have to use the extension when using 2 or more containers? I assume so, my oldest son wants to put this on his xp and get the utility box along w/gas can/s.

Thank you, Yes you have to use the extension, I think you would have to get two extensions if you wanted to run two cans and a container, I wouldn't go any higher then two though. I would just run two cans or a can and a container.

I did some more testing today, I rode really hard and man that thing did not move. I really did some bashing, ended up having to break out the saw and move a few trees that jumped in the way. :eek: I am very impressed with these cans.

P
Dec 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Just printed a CAD drawing for the mounting plate. Gonna verufy my 07 M8 can accept the same base plate. if so Im oredering one.

Though, I should just do the 09+ tapered tunnel on mine as well.

C

constech

Dec 31, 2010
Payson, UT
Roto pax

I have one on my sled and it is awesome. You can stack a storage or water on as well. They stay there firmly, no rattling around and you never have to worry about them. I Have a small auto dealership and opended an account with Roto Pax. I can save you about 10% and have it to you in the same time frame. Just let me know what you want and I can get them for you.

Premium Features