• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need Help please

We just got my wife a Arctic Cat Mountain Cat 800. I know not a very good woman's sled but price was right. What I need help with is there anything that you women riders on here would do to this sled to make it more female rider friendly?

IMG_8998.jpg IMG_9248.jpg

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
My wife rode one like that for a couple of years and got along great. Her favorite mods were king cat handlebars, a little taller and narrower, and a taller boss seat to get her upright and high enough to get her closer to todays riding position. Also narrow up the skis as much as possible. Mostly give her some space and let her ride where she is comfortable.

C

CoyoteGirl

Nov 26, 2007
Washington
www.brandyfloyd.com
My wife rode one like that for a couple of years and got along great. Her favorite mods were king cat handlebars, a little taller and narrower, and a taller boss seat to get her upright and high enough to get her closer to todays riding position. Also narrow up the skis as much as possible. Mostly give her some space and let her ride where she is comfortable.

Been a while since I've been on one of these, but this sounds like pretty good advice. I seem to remember the rear suspension being a bit stiff, loosen it up a bit. Maybe Better Boards or Meathookers on the running boards to keep her feet stable and under her.

R
Jun 22, 2009
S.W Montana
I would recommend getting rid of the stock seat and going to a BOSS hi rise seat along with a handlebar riser, these will give her more leverage to move the sled around. I rode a 600 powder special and fought with these two components until we switched them out.

Missy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2012
Samak, UT
www.MissysRealEstate.com
I had a mountain cat 800 for a few years. I hated the running boards! I was constantly fighting the snow build up. I have only ridden my new Pro once but night and day difference!

Premium Features