• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

girls only sled course?

mtbroncrider

Lifetime Membership
Jan 27, 2011
Helena/Wibuax, MT
anyone hear anything about one this year in MT?

I wanted to send my wife and oldest girl last year, but things didnt work out

really wanna make it happen this year!

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
I think Amber Holt puts on a female-only course. I'm not sure where all she teaches these different clinics at. I have heard nothing but good reviews from those that have attended.

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I took a 2 day clinic from her last year in Island Park. I would highly recommend taking one from her. She is a natural teacher. Be prepared to work. Her drills are pretty exhausting. she teaches in several places give Amber Holt a call. She is starting to get busy with snow shows so it may take time for her to get back to you.

Ryan-41

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Cheyenne, Wyoming
www.myspace.com
Last edited:

Hotlips

Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
The tall mountains of north America.
check out She Shreds Mountain Adventures on Facebook or www.julieannchapman.com/ she does girl only course.

Julie-Ann does a great women's clinic. She is very hands on and is an excellent instructor. She is in Whistler however her clinic and the terrain are well worth the time and money. You'll have an awesome vacation out of it with the family. Money spent well..:)

BackCountryBasics

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho
www.backcountrybasics.com
Yes, Fast Toys in MT is holding an all women's clinic and a few spots should still be available. Contact them for details at 208-257-8697

I also have a few openings left at the training center for more extensive training courses in Island Park and Seven Devil's Lodge. The one in Council is a three day clinic package and last of this type available for the 12-13 season. This one is all inclusive package and will cover level 1-3 in skills with a cap of 8 students. I believe there is a spot or two left as of this morning when I checked in with the lodge, but going fast.

Feel free to contact us anytime at:
http://www.backcountrybasics.com

Last edited:
L
Dec 27, 2007
Oregon
I am new to snowmobiling and I have signed up for Amber Holts class at Seven Devils Lodge. I have heard she is an amazing teacher and I am looking forward to becoming a better rider so I can enjoy riding with my husband. It would be great to meet new women of the sport too. Check out Amber Holts website Backcountry Basics.

L
Dec 27, 2007
Oregon
There is a womens ride in Halfway at the end of Feb. and there is one at Elk Lake March 8-10. THese are both in Oregon, but I know there are probably others in different states.

S
Nov 28, 2007
Spokane, Wa
profile.myspace.com
yup!! and you can find the details for all of these rides on that throttlechix forum!!

There is one in washington, one in tollgate area. I'm putting on one up in Sandpoint area that will involve some buddies that I have lined up to help with coaching for the entire day!! (it's all booked up now though). A lot of great chick stuff gets planned on that forum!

Premium Features