• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ladies help which sled

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
Alright ladies so my girlfriend wants to start riding with me a little this year. She has some experience on sleds but not since she was about 14 and she has rode quads and dirt bikes her whole life. Now obviously I wish I could just put her on a Pro like I will be riding but financially that just wont happen this year. I am kind of debating between two sleds for her to learn on this year that are affordable and still able to keep up most days. I am looking for feedback from any of you that have owned these sleds and what you like or disliked about them.

First would be an m7. Advantages they are light, reliable and plenty of power to get around. Also I am pretty familiar with and have some cat parts laying around. Biggest disadvantage I can think of is no reverse which comes in handy occasionally.

Second would be dragon 6 or 7 most likely in a 155. Haven't been around either much. Know they are more reliable than 800s and lighter. Sure the 700 has enough power to get around just fine but know nothing about the 600. Is a 600 144 going to be way to little sled?

Anyway I appreciate your feedback. Let me know what you think!

W

Woops!

Mar 13, 2011
Fairbanks, AK
I have had my '06 M7 for 3 years now & it has done great for me.... I really started learning to ride on it and now keep up just fine with my husband and his friends who have 800s and turbos.... It has plenty of power & it'll go anywhere they do:) It also has been very dependable and solid when I've wrecked/hit trees...... That being said, if you get an M7, make sure you soften the springs & shocks for her size (Made a huge difference in maneuveability for me)

C

CoyoteGirl

Nov 26, 2007
Washington
www.brandyfloyd.com
First would be an m7. Advantages they are light, reliable and plenty of power to get around. Also I am pretty familiar with and have some cat parts laying around. Biggest disadvantage I can think of is no reverse which comes in handy occasionally.

Second would be dragon 6 or 7 most likely in a 155. Haven't been around either much. Know they are more reliable than 800s and lighter. Sure the 700 has enough power to get around just fine but know nothing about the 600. Is a 600 144 going to be way to little sled?

Anyway I appreciate your feedback. Let me know what you think!

IMO would depend on years of these sleds. Obviously the later models had improvements.

The M7s are great, the one big draw back for the ladies is that many like to sit and size up their hill or the terrain. The M's load up and then when the throttle is hit to go it will bog down for a second or two.

The Dragon 700 was a major overachiever! The 600 is an ok sled if your girl is friendly with the throttle. IMO the 600 144 needs to be rode full throttle, full time. The 700 is fun to ride full throttle but you get a little bit more leniency for when you need to get out of it and back in. More about torque than HP. And then going with just a little longer track, 155, also gives you some forgiveness on those deeper days.

Premium Features