• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Letter to SnoWest - Regarding Ladies in the Sport

C

CoyoteGirl

Nov 26, 2007
Washington
www.brandyfloyd.com
I actually sent this email on 12/20/11. Never heard a peep from them.... until they printed it in the October 2012 issue of Snowest.

For those that know me, know that I use to push and push and push. And then I gave up! Until last fall, I couldn't take it anymore! We had 2 womens films out, we had women racers killing it, we had women's specific gear companies starting, womens clinics, womens rides all over.... alot going on and alot of talent to showcase. It's not like I'm asking for special treatment, (and in case you are wondering I wasn't even asking for them to use me!) there are some great riders out there that can produce the same quality pictures that grace the front cover of every issue, that build their own mod sleds, pushing the scene etc etc.. so I sent this:

Hello gentlemen,

I have been a longtime Snowest'r and years back I would post and write in regarding women's involvement with Snowest/ Sledheads and then, I have to be honest, I gave up. But here I am again. Times have changed, the women's scene is changing and growing.

Questions/Ideas I'd like to resurface:

-How about having a lady rider at the Dealer shootout?

-How about a lady's perspective on your sled of the year choices?

-How about a lady rider on the front cover!

-Mod stock? There are women wrenchers out there.

-The Annual Ladies Ride, how about you send one of your female staff members to partake?

This might be a bit much, I apologize if it is but I was sure hoping to spark some ideas and conversations with you two.

Oh and I sent a video in for the office to watch (Flirting With Danger) would love to hear feedback on it!!

I look forward to hearing back from both/either of you!

Best Wishes,
Brandy Floyd

Their answer, NINE months later?

I well remember you contacting us about your concerns. Over the years we have tried to include more stories geared toward women from clothing to riding tips to general features. You may want to check out the October issue of SledHeads magazine, which will be in the mail in a few weeks.

Can't wait to see! Truly hoping there's a female rider on the cover! :bounce: And an in depth article on wrenching on the inside. :devil:

Categories ▼

|

Ad feedback|

AdChoices

© 2012 Microsoft
Terms
Privacy
About our ads
Advertise
Developers

Help Center
Feedback
English

D
Oct 7, 2012
Wow

Now i'm really glad i joined snowest .Great to see that we women are getting noticed ..i'm from out east and rock the trails out there where high speed ridng rules. My husband sometimes wants me to slow down when some of his friends ride with us ..It's not my fault they can't keep up ..I always just say ok and than really drop the hammer ..I do feel bad when some go into the woods .luckily no one has got hurt ..i'm ready for the deep stuff this year after watching "SCHOOLED" i hit a tree last time and hurt my leg going over the handle bars ..but with the tips i learned and a lesson this year when i go to yellowstone this winter i'm ready to try again . i'm so excited to head off trail again ..so happy to have women sled freaks keep me to exchange ideas and thoughts . :face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features