• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SLP or SPEEDWERX pipe M1000....

S
Sep 22, 2009
Southern MN
Which one and Why? I have heard good things about both pipe set ups. I would ideally like a reliable pull-n-go set-up... Does "Racinstation have maps for PC for low elevation also? I mainly run 0-3000ft but do make a trip or 2 a year out west. Would I have too have 2 maps? Thank you in advance.

Try the search function, I know there are a lot of threads on this. I think the general consensus on this is SLP set up if your planning on keeping the motor stock and just running a controller and Speedwerx if your planning on doing a head or port and polish later down the road. Lots of people are happy with both kits on stock sleds and lots of people are happy with both kits on mod motor sleds, just comes down to what you want and what you can get a good deal on. Stick with one or the other and do the full kit to make it worth while.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
SLP, easy tuning and power on stock motor, SW if you want to port, slp works with porting but the sw will make more power with porting and some have said the slp makes a tad more power with a stock motor.

davidhahn15

Lifetime Membership
Jul 19, 2008
Fargo ND
slp

i had 09 m1000 with slp kit and power commander with slp's map but either way it was super easy. never adjusted anything for elevation changes except for clutch weights... doesnt get much better than that.

S
Jan 13, 2009
kelso washington
they run good but

SLP, easy tuning and power on stock motor, SW if you want to port, slp works with porting but the sw will make more power with porting and some have said the slp makes a tad more power with a stock motor.

is the only reason rs sells the speedwerx with his pc5 for 1000 because he's a dealer . he told me they make more power . he told me to buy that way , and i trust wyo and i know they both run well .

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
is the only reason rs sells the speedwerx with his pc5 for 1000 because he's a dealer . he told me they make more power . he told me to buy that way , and i trust wyo and i know they both run well .

With the m1000 its up to the tuner to get the power, RKT makes huge power out of the SW with porting, but stated the full slp might be just a tad better with the motor in stock form. I think the slp full exhaust has a bigger torque curve. Partly is because of the can with good backpressure, it is a tad heavier than some but still way lighter then the stock can. Seen lots of pull and go slp kits.

S
Jan 13, 2009
kelso washington
good luck

Well anyone have a Nice used SLP pipe set?

I tried for months and all i could find was beat up stuff in one way or another and it was package deal pipe, programmer , clutching and the price was that of a new pipeset so i bought new and figured the rest of the stuff i wanted new . But they are out there just not when i was looking lol.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
I sell BOTH Speedwerx and SLP and they are both great pipes. I stock them both too. But in flat out running, the Speedwerx has an advantage. It likes slightly higher RPM and runs strong. The SLP is a great package, but when asked the question, which one is better......I give an honest answer.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Wonder if elevation plays a role, never had a chance to run both personally and rarely see a SW up here. If you ride where RS does I would take his advice, most likely you will be running a map from him anyway.

S
Sep 22, 2009
Southern MN
You guys are way higher elevation than I'am.... I'm in MN and ride here Alot But we make the 1 or 2 trips a year out west..... And yeah, All I find is Used JUNK out there too. Sled-parts.com has a new SLP Set for $599 and can get a New Pc5 online for $265.00

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Low elevation I might try the SW, you will be happy either way. And you will want the full y-pipe, pipe, and a good can, with slp just stick with there stuff, with SW use there y and pipe but there are a few other good options for cans

S
Sep 22, 2009
Southern MN
Low elevation I might try the SW, you will be happy either way. And you will want the full y-pipe, pipe, and a good can, with slp just stick with there stuff, with SW use there y and pipe but there are a few other good options for cans
So you think with the speedwerx I could run my Bikeman Can? What about my MDS weights? I bough them this summer and haven't had a chance too try them out yet and now having 2nd thoughts as I read that MDS thread going about how they dont work....?:face-icon-small-con

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
The MDS weights work great, I would almost put money on the fact that the guys having problems have some other issue causing it. I would get some extra motor mounts of you don't have them, all m1000's need them no matter if its stock or modded.

The BMP can might work, but prob not as well as some. There is one popular one but I can't remember and then there is the SW tunnel dump.

Premium Features