• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lightweight hood

W

wasatchcomm

Aug 17, 2009
Pinedale wy.
he's owed me warranty for three years ( they had bad product ) wasatch how did you get a m hood he said he gave up on them . Anyways he said he would make it right i could not find him at puyallup show , but i've heard that before. I'll keep bashing until i get a hood. And yes the craftsmanship sucks . Mines got more zip ties than well you get the picture. He did say he would make one for my iqr as trade here's my address if he's reading mike gwynn 708 n. 23rd kelso wa. 98626 or sunbather1969@hotmail.com if you want to figure this out.

i emailed him a few times, and asked him to bring one to the show, he did, and i got it at his booth.
he was their.

i agree with what was said about the vents he has, they are very good quality.
i like the hood too, it is just harder to get to fit than i thought it would be.
i'll get it though,i love the weight of it!!!!!!

4Z

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2002
Western Washington
community.webshots.com
Tossed around between Diamond S and Skins mesh hoods. Both had things I liked and disliked. Ended up with a good used DS hood from a local guy. It is taking some work to get it just the way I want it (hinges, twin pipe clearance and fitting their intake to it) but when completed I am sure it will work awesome. Pretty normal work for a DS hood, but I accept it and move on.

Have owned DS BRT and MF hoods before. In the end, for folks that don't want the added responsibility of using an aftermrket hood, stock is the way to go.

M
Feb 25, 2008
Creston B.C.
I had a mtn fit hood on my apex turbo it was great. Had to trim it to fit, but stood up to alot. Tumbled down a tree covd hill side ended up upside down against a tree, the only thing that didnt get some sort of dmg was the hood. I would get one for my m8 but i like my headlight. 1 of my friends has one and its servived some pretty good tumbles.

F
Jan 13, 2011
Excuse me.

I ran one a couple years ago, there really light and kinda flimsy if you don't strap Em down good but I used the two factory straps on the back and two more on the front off the bumper and then two more off the side panels. Sounds like a lot I know but it was solid and I quite liked it, took a hell of a beating. I'd say go for it if your looking that direction for sure.

Did I see that you can't wait to get the 1200 out and about? Did I miss something?

Premium Features