• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

safe M7 mods

S
Dec 1, 2007
Jackson, WY
I just purchased a 05 M7 LE 162 that is down on compression on the PTO side (120 vs 135 lbs on the MAG side.) The Mag side piston looks good and the PTO side has some detonation. This tells me that the sleds current mod package is not working.

The sled came with a Speedwerxs pipe, can, 5-9000 ft. pump gas head, and KOSO EGT gauges. What can I do to make this a safe gas-n-go sled for 6,000-11,000 ft?

Note: This sled is for my girlfriend (a.k.a. backup for my TM8) so I can't trust any mods that require diligent gauge watching.

S
Dec 1, 2007
Jackson, WY
rkt m7-8 bb pull rope and go no tuning with stock pipe and no box required

I should have specified, which of my mods do I have to set back to stock to make it pull-and-go?

I've considered adding a RacinStation PCV, but a buddy sled needs to be cheap, plus I ride at many elevations. And it seems these sleds have unique personalities since many get away with similar mods and no box. In my sleds credit, it did put up with the pipe/head combo for 1,000 miles and was running well when I found the problem. But, that's less than a season for me.

Boostfreak

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2002
Lander, Wyoming
I ran an 05 M7 with a speedwerx head and a thing can with no controller and it worked great so maybe if you went back to the stock pipe you would be good to go.

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
Deto means too low of octain for the head. Maybe it got run below 5000' or maybe someone put 87 O in it. It would need 91 O even at elevation. I doubt it's a bad set up, it probably just got some poor gas at one time.

Premium Features