• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ski Swap

XPWY

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
WY
For those that have switched your left and right stock skiis in order to get the outer keel on the inside, have you noticed any durability issues with the skiis after doing this, or any adverse handling characteristics? I am considering this to make the initial tip-in easier on setup snow. Thanks.

2Thetopp

Lifetime Membership
Ski Swap Reply to Thread

I did the swap last year at the beginning of the season and didn't notice any difference on handling on the trail, on the mountain only positive differences. As far as durability I don't see any reason for it to make anymore wear to skis or linkage, but I will check if I put it on it's topside. Overall I think you'll like the change, if not it's an easy switch. Remove the swaybar and tilt back your handlebars, it all helps.:D

S

snowdan

Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner, MT
I swapped mine the first ride this fall and liked the way it handled but gouged the snot out of both inside [now outside] edges of both skies on rocks due to the thinned plastic material. I put them back to the original position for now. Will try again when we get ample snow.

Y

yam_apex91469

Jan 24, 2007
Byron, IL
I swapped mine the first ride this fall and liked the way it handled but gouged the snot out of both inside [now outside] edges of both skies on rocks due to the thinned plastic material. I put them back to the original position for now. Will try again when we get ample snow.

x2 on the gouges. I haven't flipped them yet, but put 300 miles on before I added outside wear bars. The rocks had gouged the skis pretty good. No additional damage after I added the wear bars??? I'm still going to try - rather have better handling on the hills than worry about a couple of blemishes on the skis

X

XP Summit

Nov 26, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
They do wear a little more swapped..... but really I could care less because the sled handles way better and I didn't have to buy a new pair or skies. In my personal oppinion the skies are one of the major components holding the XP Summit to its potential.

Shawn

Premium Features