• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

wtb 2012 polaris asm over steering frame section

P
Jul 15, 2013
I need the part that stradels the gas tank, goes to the tunnel and that connects to the front a frame. my cast part is cracked and smashed. I will need the whole think. Here is the part number 1017701, here is the list of sleds that the part can come from. if anybody has one let me know and the price of it. part is # 5 in the pic.
2014 600 RMK 144/155 ALL OPTIONS

2013 600 RMK 144/155 ALL OPTIONS2012 600 RMK 144/ES/INTL/155/ES ALL OPTIONS
2014 600 SWITCHBACK ASSAULT ALL OPTIONS2014 800 SWITCHBACK ASSAULT ALL OPTIONS2012 800 SWITCHBACK ASSAULT ALL OPTIONS2013 800 SWITCHBACK ASSAULT ALL OPTIONS

2011 800 SWITCHBACK ASSAULT/INTL

14SBASLT.jpg

Last edited:

Lind

Lifetime Membership
Sep 14, 2012
Readfield, WI
doubt your looking anymore but just a heads up for everyone else, you can use one off a rush if your willing to do alittle work. I saved about $300 buying a used one off ebay... the cast part on top is pretty much the same from sba to rush. I used a 2010 rush and also depending on how bad your part is my local tig welder said you can weld it up fairly easy.

heat up both parts with a torch and remove from tubes. my cast part on the sled was junk so i cut it in half with sawzall so i could twist the part and get it to release from the epoxy easier. i left the tubes on the sled and it worked out fairly good, covered things with my welding gloves to protect from heat and covered airbox.

you have to compress your pipes running down to the running boards (I used a pex compression tool 1'') sand the pipe smooth and clean up your holes inside the new rush cast aluminum part. it will slide on alittle bit but used heat and bfh to pound it down the rest of the way.

the rush part comes with a bracket in the back that needs to be removed and also you need to drill another hole for your front tank hold down plate.

overall happy with the results, everything lines up and bolted up :)

heres a picture of the pex tool

IMG_20140111_100136_582.jpg

R

RProsnow

Jun 7, 2013
Part needed June 2017

I'm looking for the same part that is in this thread for a 2011 switchback, the steering support spider that steering post and chassis support tubes fit into. Unlike how Polaris wants to sell it complete with the footwell supports, the top piece that I need can be taken apart with some heat to break the epoxy. I've got mine off but it's beyond repair and so am hoping someone else has this part laying around. Send me a picture and a price if you do.

Premium Features