• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

850 Patriot Owners- Poll Failure or Not

Has Your 850 Failed. Vote multiple times if you have multiple 850s

• No

Votes: 341 81.2%
  • Yes, Top End

Votes: 18 4.3%
  • Yes, Bottom End

Votes: 61 14.5%

• Total voters
M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
One must admit that being a Doo rider, and coming over to the Polaris section to report to us all that you are not a Polaris rider, is more than a little odd :) Surely there is someone over in the doo section that would be more excited to hear about this. Over here, we don't care! Have fun on your doo :)

I came over here to reinforce the fact that you guys will continue to buy junk over and over again.. That's all I was trying to say, sorry for the confusion.

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
You can tell the season is drying up... I'd just like to point out that it seems Ski-Doo has issued a recall for the '17 850 because of fuel leaks, and several have burned down (literally). Between that and belt issues, I could see the '17 Doo 850 being more of a stinker in the long run than the '19 Poo 850. If you really want to cast stones, you might want to do so from a Yammi trail sled – something to do with glass houses...

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
I came over here to reinforce the fact that you guys will continue to buy junk over and over again.. That's all I was trying to say, sorry for the confusion.

Oh.... there is no confusion to be sorry for. We all understand you like your doo. Ride it, enjoy it, and talk about it over in the DOO SECTION. Maybe Big 1 inch and you can get together and have a round of high fives or something "celebratory" like that. Might put a smile on your faces :)

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca

It should be embarrassing to you that a "junk" sled can beat up on your sled?

It would be less embarrassing if you just admitted that the AXYS was faster, more powerful, lighter and in a better handling chassis than what you ride.

Your excuses could go like this:

I know I couldn't keep up but it was not fair because the AXYS is faster, lighter.....etc. you get the idea.

willjogervais

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2011
SW Minnesota

Not to be confused with-
"I came over here to reinforce the fact that I'm the backside of a horse.. That's all I was trying to say, sorry for the confusion."

Motorbreath, you made a instigating comment with the sole intention of starting an argument. If not, what was your point? I get the feeling you would fit right in on facebook or hcs. The machines we have today are amazing, the things they can do is unreal. Enjoy your Skidoo. I think they are very capable sled, but their mountain lineup is behind both Polaris and Cat. I'll continue riding what I think is the best sled on the market and loving every minute of it.

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
It should be embarrassing to you that a "junk" sled can beat up on your sled?

It would be less embarrassing if you just admitted that the AXYS was faster, more powerful, lighter and in a better handling chassis than what you ride.

Your excuses could go like this:

I know I couldn't keep up but it was not fair because the AXYS is faster, lighter.....etc. you get the idea.

Sounds like we need another Hitler video. ������

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
Not to be confused with-
"I came over here to reinforce the fact that I'm the backside of a horse.. That's all I was trying to say, sorry for the confusion."

Motorbreath, you made a instigating comment with the sole intention of starting an argument. If not, what was your point? I get the feeling you would fit right in on facebook or hcs. The machines we have today are amazing, the things they can do is unreal. Enjoy your Skidoo. I think they are very capable sled, but their mountain lineup is behind both Polaris and Cat. I'll continue riding what I think is the best sled on the market and loving every minute of it.

NAILED IT!! :)

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
Yeah, I was a little over the top.
My point is that many guys have stuck around even after all the nightmares of the Polaris 800s. No one wins with brand loyalty.. Maybe your local dealer with appreciate it, but the customer seldom wins.
I'd love to ride a Polaris again. However, I'm not going to do the R&D anymore.
Sorry for going off.. It was uncalled for. :face-icon-small-blu

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Yeah, I was a little over the top.
My point is that many guys have stuck around even after all the nightmares of the Polaris 800s. No one wins with brand loyalty.. Maybe your local dealer with appreciate it, but the customer seldom wins.
I'd love to ride a Polaris again. However, I'm not going to do the R&D anymore.
Sorry for going off.. It was uncalled for. :face-icon-small-blu

So the 800 HO's have proven themselves with a decent track record, now the 850's with a bit of teething problems but nothing huge will be awesome for 2020. At what point do you think the R&D is done?

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
So the 800 HO's have proven themselves with a decent track record, now the 850's with a bit of teething problems but nothing huge will be awesome for 2020. At what point do you think the R&D is done?

a friend of mine just lost the engine in his 2017 800ho with 4000km (2500miles) on it. Far from proven if you ask around here.

I know there will be a failure here and there, but I'd just like to see some local 850s with higher than 6-7000km go untouched.

Polaris makes a solid sled, best to get on top of the snow for sure. Great handling, excellent suspension (besides the shocks themselves) But some little things really irritate me. fouling plugs, random bog, erratic idling, mostly just finishing touches... So if they could straighten that out, and make a somewhat reliable engine I'll go back. And when I say "somewhat reliable", I just want it to get through the warranty period.

That being said, if I didn't have any issues with my previous sleds I'd be in the same boat as you.. I'd be calling down anyone who said boo about my beloved Polaris.

G
Jan 21, 2008
Wabush NL, Canada
I have always owned Polaris, nothing but. They have always taken care of me and treated me well. Took a little bit longer to get my engine repaired than I would have liked but I am starting to think that most of that was on the dealer themselves. They did compensate me for the downtime, rental and the belt I had to replace because of the dealer not tightening the fuel rail bolts after my engine repair. Dealer could have cared less but Polaris stepped up and took care of it. Every other 850 here in town has not had an issue so I guess I had to be the lucky one.
I have no time for people that seem to get their rocks off when someone else's sled goes down. I don't own a Cat or a Doo so I'm not over in their sections giving people crap if they have an issue.
I don't care what you ride, its a short season and everyone should just enjoy it.

R
May 7, 2019
Low end

My 850 ran great all winter here in Ontario North, a little lazy with top speed but great everywhere else on the tach,last ride at 1850 miles stopped for a break and found oil in belly pan,limped it home, oil fitting on block let go, centre bearing damage, getting new cases and crank.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
I have always owned Polaris, nothing but. They have always taken care of me and treated me well. Took a little bit longer to get my engine repaired than I would have liked but I am starting to think that most of that was on the dealer themselves. They did compensate me for the downtime, rental and the belt I had to replace because of the dealer not tightening the fuel rail bolts after my engine repair. Dealer could have cared less but Polaris stepped up and took care of it. Every other 850 here in town has not had an issue so I guess I had to be the lucky one.
I have no time for people that seem to get their rocks off when someone else's sled goes down. I don't own a Cat or a Doo so I'm not over in their sections giving people crap if they have an issue.
I don't care what you ride, its a short season and everyone should just enjoy it.

Agreed. I am bummed for riders when their sleds blow up. They all do at some point and it sucks when it’s you.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
I have no time for people that seem to get their rocks off when someone else's sled goes down.

It is called Schadenfreude, and there is one "Big" example throughout this entire thread. Betcha can't guess who . . . :)

From a psychological perspective . . .

Schadenfreude may be a psychopathic tendency. A key element of schadenfreude is a temporary dehumanization of the subject — much like what psychopaths do toward everyone else, all the time.

The absence of empathy, and in taking joy (however brief) in someone else’s pain, may be as close to psychopathic as most will ever get.

schadenfreude-USE-1200x626.jpg

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
It is called Schadenfreude, and there is one "Big" example throughout this entire thread. Betcha can't guess who . . . :)

From a psychological perspective . . .

Schadenfreude may be a psychopathic tendency. A key element of schadenfreude is a temporary dehumanization of the subject — much like what psychopaths do toward everyone else, all the time.

The absence of empathy, and in taking joy (however brief) in someone else’s pain, may be as close to psychopathic as most will ever get.

schadenfreude-USE-1200x626.jpg

That's pretty deep...

For the record.. I don't take joy in someone else's pain.. unless they deserve it.

My problem is, I just wish I could finally get a good Polaris.. years of crappy ones have made me sour. I guess you could say even a bit jealous of all the people who actually get good ones.

Big10Inch is quite the narcissistic forum handle if there ever was one. Either way, I agree with some of his points. I think most guys who have been burned more than once by Polaris would agree as well.

I really like Polaris, I'm rooting for them! but for now I'll just wait on the sidelines until I feel like its a good time to jump back in.

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
That's pretty deep...

For the record.. I don't take joy in someone else's pain.. unless they deserve it.

My problem is, I just wish I could finally get a good Polaris.. years of crappy ones have made me sour. I guess you could say even a bit jealous of all the people who actually get good ones.

Big10Inch is quite the narcissistic forum handle if there ever was one. Either way, I agree with some of his points. I think most guys who have been burned more than once by Polaris would agree as well.

I really like Polaris, I'm rooting for them! but for now I'll just wait on the sidelines until I feel like its a good time to jump back in.

and no matter how many times I say just what you wrote. Clowns like Timbre love to fixate on me...

I still love the excuse that they all blow up. Well yes, eventually but in most people experience Polaris sleds blow up much sooner than the others. Simple acknowledgement of that fact by the brand loyal would probably stop my posting about it. It is TOO much FUN to keep after the head in the sand loyalists. I NEVER celebrated any sleds blowing up. I do think if you bought an 850 and it did that you have no one to blame but yourself for trusting Polaris. That is a LOT different that sitting around picking on the guys who did lose one, which I have not done.

So Timbres shot at me once again completely misses the mark... big surprise. You keep trying though Timbre!

Premium Features