• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2009 rumors?

colorado_matt

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
COLORADO
It works fine just needs refining , lots of it. Looks are old too. Fit and finish is in last place , look at an apex , thats how a sled should be built. If they mountainize the new racer they would have a winner.

APEX!!!??? HAHAHAHAHAHA yeah, there's a great mountain sled! Maybe cat should just buy the rights to the rx-1 and reproduce it! There is no apex stock for stock that will boondock, sidehill, or go through deep fluff with any M. I don't care about fancy looks or controls. I want something that flat out works. If you want to make an M more like an apex, I'll sell you a couple tractor weights.

H

Highmarker

Nov 20, 2004
In the west!
i hope thats true the m8 is aout 20lbs heavier than xp the dragoon is about 30lbs heavier than m8 all full and ready to ride

The M is more like 50 pounds heavier than the XP. And about 10 pounds heavier than the Dragon. Not doggin it...great sled...but it doesn't weigh 455 pounds. 480-490....more like it

H

Highmarker

Nov 20, 2004
In the west!
Those weights are comparing an Everest to a sno pro. It would be a bigger gap if it was an X compared to a sno pro or an Everest compared to a standard M8. about 50 pounds or more.

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
Those weights are comparing an Everest to a sno pro. It would be a bigger gap if it was an X compared to a sno pro or an Everest compared to a standard M8. about 50 pounds or more.

You got the yellow blinders on Highmarker

The M8 snopro 153" weighs 487# stock
and the XPx weighs 450# stock

If you put a can on each and a BOSS on the M8 it will be a 25# differance. M8 465# - XP 440#

Last edited:
D

dmkhnr

Nov 26, 2007
NV
You got the yellow blinders on Highmarker

The M8 snopro 153" weighs 487# stock
and the XPx weighs 450# stock

If you put a can on each and a BOSS on the M8 it will be a 25# differance. M8 465# - XP 440#

The 08 M8 SP is supposed to be 473#, but comes in at about 490 prepped from the dealer with a splash of fuel. The 08's are dialed, and were giving those XP's fits this last weekend up at Tog. Dragons won't be out until the first of the year, and the XP's are squeeking motors. M8 is $1500 less, and running all day everyday. Hmmm!!!!!

S

Snowking58

Nov 26, 2007
I don't think reverse engine technology will happen with cat. You Can not spin a 4 stroke backwards!!! Like it or not it is coming. I think emission standards are holding 2 stroke HP numbers down.

D
Nov 26, 2007
Kettle Falls WA
2009 will see BNG and some minor tweeks

Look for marine type direct injected 2 stroke (800) in a chassis based off the new sno pro in 2010!

That chassis would rock! It's all about chassis scrub, it will be high off the snow instead of plowing thru it, the A arms won't even drag thru the pow!

might need some fat gen II's to float in the really deep & dry fluff. It'll rip hard!!

bookmark this post, you'll shat yourself when you see how right I am :cool:

I

Insaneboltrounder/sjohns

Nov 26, 2007
APEX!!!??? HAHAHAHAHAHA yeah, there's a great mountain sled! Maybe cat should just buy the rights to the rx-1 and reproduce it! There is no apex stock for stock that will boondock, sidehill, or go through deep fluff with any M. I don't care about fancy looks or controls. I want something that flat out works. If you want to make an M more like an apex, I'll sell you a couple tractor weights.

Im not talking about the slugs weight Im talking about its quality of build. If Im going to pay 15,000 for a sled i dont want it made outta scrap metal and badly fitting plastic. When a apex is about broken in the Ms are ready for then scrap yard.

N

Nate

Apr 22, 2006
Northeast Wyoming/Mission Viejo California
Im not talking about the slugs weight Im talking about its quality of build. If Im going to pay 15,000 for a sled i dont want it made outta scrap metal and badly fitting plastic. When a apex is about broken in the Ms are ready for then scrap yard.

:eek: Easy now, dont be so blunt about it, lots of new "M" riders, gotta break them in easy.......

C

colorado logger

Dec 4, 2007
south fork co
hey gonridin rer would be nice if no rer, tell to give us option no reverse mabye you could mention the seat sucks,the rear bumber sucks,& why does the hand warmer switch have to be on bars

D
Nov 26, 2007
Kettle Falls WA
hey gonridin rer would be nice if no rer, tell to give us option no reverse mabye you could mention the seat sucks,the rear bumber sucks,& why does the hand warmer switch have to be on bars

I'm with you on that bumper, hate it!

I hate it so much I've conciderd the VA rear bumper addition...decided I'll save my pennies and just get a whole new tunnel one of these days (it's on my extensive list)

hand warmer switches, eh. don't bother me either way

reverse switch is too small imo, but I like it stay on the bars in same location

kill rocker switch blows, I unplugged mine

I

Insaneboltrounder/sjohns

Nov 26, 2007
:eek: Easy now, dont be so blunt about it, lots of new "M" riders, gotta break them in easy.......

Oh im just teasin em a lil. But back when we were paying 7-8000 for a sled a guy could let the FnF slide. Now that they are as expensive as a good motor cycle i figure we should expect more. Have a look at a 10,000 dollar liter bike and compare it to a Msled... or any other sled for that matter.
Its kinda like looking at a old tractor compared to a new BMW. sj

SaberKitty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2006
Foothills of Grosse Gelb
True but there's something to be said about a trusty tractor. :)

I'll take a dash that doesn't fit right with the hood on my M over a "pretty" Yamahaha any day.

Qreiff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
What's wrong with the M chasis??? NOTHING!!!! This is such a nimble and controllable chasis. Personally, I don't want a long tracked race or trail sled. I want a MOUNTAIN sled. Has anyone ridden in bottomless dry fluffy snow? There isn't another brand of sled out there that is better than the M sleds. I would like if they took note from polaris on the gas tank seat tunnel setup. my $.02

Here, here...............I have an M1K and super love it. Just about perfect sled for all around. I would say perfect but you know what happens here if I'd say that............................

Colorado Matt for President!!!

Oh, and by the way...........BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP!

colorado_matt

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
COLORADO
I wonder how this idea would go over....... 2 versions. LXR=luxuary= very refined fit and finish, reverse all the bells and whistles, real comfortable seat, nice plush suspension, tunnel rack and plenty of storage.
XL=xtra lite=bare on the bars, just a throttle and brake lever, kill switch that is there but unable to accidently hit, hand warmer switches down by the key, no reverse with the added weight in the diamond drive anyways, lighter driveshaft, lightweight ceramic brake rotor, 'gutted' hood, maybe an intake more similar to speedwerx or black diamond xtreme that won't plug in deep snow, different light setup for less weight, wide and opened up running boards that only go 2/3 to 3/4 back on the tunnel, gas tank-seat something like the polaris, bare back of the tunnel with a simple yet strong aluminum bumper, some different type of cooler than the big block in the rear.
Then EVERYONE can be happy. Ok, maybe that will never happen, but sometimes new ideas are kind of fun.

M
Dec 15, 2007
Moyie B.C.
Cat will indeed have electronic revers for 2009. They will use the same chassis, but with a new updated hood....more like the racer. They will also have a new track.

I just hope they'll have it as an add on to my '05 M7. Man I miss reverse, though not enough to go back to Doo! :rolleyes: Fit and finish sucks....but I still love my M!

Premium Features