• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Indy 500

B
Nov 15, 2009
Gunnison Co.
I'm putting a 95 500 in a sled it has the mechanical oil pump, was going to run premix . Do I need to position the pump lever in a certain spot or just let it go? Also would a 400 cdi work for that 500 if I just change the wiring clip on the 400 cdi. THANKS

B
Nov 15, 2009
Gunnison Co.
So I said the aftermarket cdi worked, but could never get the sled to run well. This sled is a 85 400 chasis that I put a 500 twin with twin pipes from a totaled 500, and a 136 xtra 10 and 1 1/2 track from a totaled 97 700 rmk. After messing with the carbs awhile the cdi lost power on a spark plug wire comming out of it. Borowed my buddys 96 500 cdi ran really good . Lucky enough Biro had a old oem cdi . Running like a champ can't wait to get out. I wouldn't buy another aftermarket cdi again, thought it was a good deal but, with no returns it coulda been alot more $$$ if Biro didn't have one lying around... Premix at 40:1 seems ok lots of sweet 2 stroke in the air.
So far with lots of wrenching, trading for parts with a little welding, and old favors comming back around, I got a bad a$$ rat sled for under 100$. as the kimpex cdi was 73$ shipped.

B
Nov 15, 2009
Gunnison Co.
Actually I got another question, the kill switch is hammerd on. Messed around and had it workin for a bit had to bypass that lil wire throttle sensor thing, but then no worky? I disconected it runs fine no kill just choke to stop it. Is this just a loop? can I wire in a toggle or somthing? Thanks

Premium Features