• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

oil reservoir on m8

C

chousercat

Dec 8, 2007
Last spring I replaced the oil reservoir on my 07 M8 because of melting. I put everything back just as it was. Did I forget or neglect to do anything other than just replace the melted part? I don't need to prime it or anything do I? I'm worried about taking it out on the first ride and find that it's not working because I did something stupid - like when I covered the cap with heat tape and a friend noticed that I hadn't put a breather hole through the tape.

N
Nov 27, 2007
check for air bubbles in the oil line, if you have any you must open the bleed screw on the oil pump and purge the air out,not a difficult job,just time consuming!Probably easiest to go through the bellypan to do this particular job!

offroadmatt

Lifetime Membership
Feb 16, 2008
Sweetwater, CO
I would also recommend buying the 08 heat shield arctic cat P/N 5606-372, and bolt P/N 0623-765. You have to drill a hole in the frame but it keeps the heat off of the the tank and fuel injectors. You can also get you computer reprogrammed at the dealer to take away under hood temps. But I've heard that some people are having problems with there sled running right after this. I haven't done it because of this. Just my 2 cents.

S
Nov 26, 2007
utah
one of the best things you can do is run some oil in your gas tank for the first ride, that way if the oil pump isn't working, you don't ruin your engine....i would recommend about 20 oz in your tank and notice if the oil in the bottle goes down about the right amount

Premium Features