• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2015 Polaris RMK 800 - What power increase alternatives are there?

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
Ordered a RMK 800 Scandinavian Beast, and im used to modify and add power to all my sleds. Had a Boondocker turbo on my last 2013 Assault, was happy with it, but im always interested in new and different mods to get more power. Don't need 200hp, just like to tune and mod.

What alternatives to get more power is there?

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
Drop in an Engine Tech 1160 (Cat based). But you still get 200 hp I think.

Or trust one of the 860ish kits will be enough or the 900 ish kits or the 1100ish kit but turbo would be easier IMO.

Or CF it to 360 lbs and ride a stock engine just to see then next year do the engine.

Wish I had your problem lol.

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
Not really a problem, and im not on a unlimited budget. :)

Have been thinking about a big bore, and if that wont be enough i can add a turbo kit. :)

die hard poo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Kenai, AK
I called Carls the other day about the Speedwerx supercharger kit. They told me they wouldn't sell it to low altitude guys since it wasn't proven down low and that I would have to run like c116 octane fuel, which I highly doubt. I ran 10-12lbs of boost on my turbo'd pro at sealevel with 100LL avgas with zero det issues.

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
I called Carls the other day about the Speedwerx supercharger kit. They told me they wouldn't sell it to low altitude guys since it wasn't proven down low and that I would have to run like c116 octane fuel, which I highly doubt. I ran 10-12lbs of boost on my turbo'd pro at sealevel with 100LL avgas with zero det issues.

I ran a Boondocker turbo the two last years at sea level, and was at 10psi and straight pump gas, no det. So i cant it to be impossible to get a supercharger at 7-8psi work at sea level.

I

inspector01

Mar 21, 2013
MN
I ran a Boondocker turbo the two last years at sea level, and was at 10psi and straight pump gas, no det. So i cant it to be impossible to get a supercharger at 7-8psi work at sea level.

Honestly, they aren't really comparable at all.

Power produced on the same engine with the same fuel would be a closer comparison as a SC at XX psi and a TC at XX psi are completely different. Superchargers dont have nearly the adiabatic efficency of a turbo, so its very possible to have detonation at much lower boost levels.

Premium Features