• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Replicate OEM Decals?

800xtreme

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Is there a graphic/vinyl company out there that can inexpensively replicate the oem decals for our Pros? I have reached out to ArcticFX but not heard back yet.

Polaris is a bit "proud" of them :)

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I agree. It would be nice if the decals were priced right from Polaris but they rape you. To make matters worse, they are so think that a brush up with branches and they done. I remember seeing someone make decals that were very close to the original but were different (probably for copy right reasons). I can't remember who did it though.

S

SU27

May 4, 2013
Edmonton
Is there a graphic/vinyl company out there that can inexpensively replicate the oem decals for our Pros? I have reached out to ArcticFX but not heard back yet.

Polaris is a bit "proud" of them :)

Man, if you want somthing simple, as letters or basic single tone shapes applied, you can do it yourself. X-Acto knife, laser printer, and pair of hands. I hit exactly the same problem, and ended up downloading vector Polaris logo (this is not against the law). Then I printed it out on paper on laser printer on 1:1 scale. Then I scotch-taping letters to vynil, and cut through with X-acto knife. Just look at the result below. All letters are hand-made

IMG_20140902_071157.jpg IMG_20140822_160350.jpg

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
It's not against the law to download the vector art but can be when you apply it to something like your sled. However, I wouldn't hesitate to do the same. I already gave them $13k not counting the other 5 sled I bought from them.

S

SU27

May 4, 2013
Edmonton
It's not against the law to download the vector art but can be when you apply it to something like your sled. However, I wouldn't hesitate to do the same. I already gave them $13k not counting the other 5 sled I bought from them.

Very good point of view. What about companies making wraps for sleds - to they pay Polaris Industries every time they put Polaris logo on the wrap???? The same with Klim, MotorFist, etc? What you think?

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Very good point of view. What about companies making wraps for sleds - to they pay Polaris Industries every time they put Polaris logo on the wrap???? The same with Klim, MotorFist, etc? What you think?

I've done some work in this field and use some artwork at work. Absolutely, you need permission to use anyone's artwork. Even if it is a simple logo. I know ArcticFX is partnered with Polaris so they don't have a problem with that, but they also do AC, Doo, Yami and others. I wouldn't sell anything w/o permission in fear that company could later collect their dues.

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
Man, if you want somthing simple, as letters or basic single tone shapes applied, you can do it yourself. X-Acto knife, laser printer, and pair of hands. I hit exactly the same problem, and ended up downloading vector Polaris logo (this is not against the law). Then I printed it out on paper on laser printer on 1:1 scale. Then I scotch-taping letters to vynil, and cut through with X-acto knife. Just look at the result below. All letters are hand-made

What finish is on the hood? Looks different than factory white hood.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Painted... or Dipped... Hood/console?

Nice work.

attachment.php

S

SU27

May 4, 2013
Edmonton
Hood - VVivid carbon fiber, calendared (stretching) vynil, similar to 3M 1080. As I stated in some post, it was hell of job done - you need to torch this type plastic (low surface energy plastics - polypropilene, polyethilene, etc) before applying vynil.
Side panels and tunnel - cast vynil, VVivid chrome finish - black and red. It`s thick as a hell, almost doesnt strech, and doesnt like to go over curved surfaces. Applied in pieces, so there are black gaps between pieces if vynil. Actually it turned to look very good.
Current PRO RMK letters will go away, coz I do not like how it looks. I will go with different font, and apply them on different position.
Thank you for good words on my wrap guys.

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
i love the look of my 2014 matte black le, but the decals are bleaching out at the edges from going threw the snow. a couple tree branches and they will be chipped up. Sucks... wish it was thick vinyl like the wraps are.

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
Maybe I'm missing something, but unless you're sponsored by Polaris, why would you ever want to recreate their logo to put on your sled? Put your own logo on and advertise yourself.

S

SU27

May 4, 2013
Edmonton
i love the look of my 2014 matte black le, but the decals are bleaching out at the edges from going threw the snow. a couple tree branches and they will be chipped up. Sucks... wish it was thick vinyl like the wraps are.

If you really like it, make maximum amount of good quality pictures of all decals which are getting bleached out. Just make sure all decal elements are not distorted in proportions on the pictures. Then you can restore them with local signs shop - its very easy for them.

S

SU27

May 4, 2013
Edmonton
I've done some work in this field and use some artwork at work. Absolutely, you need permission to use anyone's artwork. Even if it is a simple logo. I know ArcticFX is partnered with Polaris so they don't have a problem with that, but they also do AC, Doo, Yami and others. I wouldn't sell anything w/o permission in fear that company could later collect their dues.

I hope Polaris wouldnt mind applying Polaris logo on Polaris product :)

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Maybe I'm missing something, but unless you're sponsored by Polaris, why would you ever want to recreate their logo to put on your sled? Put your own logo on and advertise yourself.

It looks cleaner to some people. Looks stock when you go to sell it too. I know people that look for the stock stickers when they clean up sleds or fix their own. We're all different.

K

KBK

Nov 26, 2007
Did you price them from Polaris? I just replaced a couple decal's on my 2012 assault and was shocked by how cheap they were. I replaced a side pan decal the center one with 800 on it and the top hood decal that says Polaris. they were only like $6 each.

S

SU27

May 4, 2013
Edmonton
Did you price them from Polaris? I just replaced a couple decal's on my 2012 assault and was shocked by how cheap they were. I replaced a side pan decal the center one with 800 on it and the top hood decal that says Polaris. they were only like $6 each.

Please share your way of buying parts, because:

Polaris web site:

The Polaris/Victory/Indian Online Parts Catalog is available as a convenience to our customers. It can be used to view or research part diagrams, and to look up part numbers of Polaris vehicles and Victory/Indian motorcycles. Parts cannot be purchased directly from Polaris/Victory/Indian using this catalog.

To purchase parts, please follow the below steps:

1. Using the online parts catalog, select the year and model of your vehicle.
2. View/research the diagrams, select your part(s), and add to the cart.
3. Print out your cart or record your desired part #’s for reference.
4. Visit your local Polaris/Victory/Indian dealership. Bring your print out or desired part # list with you.
5. Reconfirm model, model year and part #’s with your dealer before making your purchase.
6. Purchase your part(s) directly from your dealer.

Please note:

Some older parts displayed in the online catalog are no longer available from Polaris/Victory/Indian.
Consult your Polaris/Victory/Indian dealer for availability & pricing.
To find your closest Polaris/Victory/Indian dealership click here.

Premium Features