• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Where and how to buy polaristar extended warranty

O

outlaw707

Jan 24, 2014
I put a deposit down on a closeout 2014 rmk pro 800 155, and due to the heavy discount it does not apply for free extended warranty.

The dealer tells me if i buy the warranty now its $1000, if i buy it in the future its $1700.

Do i have to get it through this dealer? Do other dealers have sales on the extended warranties.

Basically i would like to avoid paying the $1000 know, but i don't want to be stuck paying $1700 a year from now.

Is it safe to assume i could call around to dealers in the spring time and find someone willing to charge me $1000 still?

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
FWIW, I think you dealer is pretty accurate - the third party warranty is yet another company, not Polaristar and they are indeed much more expensive from what I've received in the mail, and with other differences (some have mileage and lower total repair caps).

Spending your money for you, best deal for an extended warranty will be Polaristar when you buy new, $-wise, and your poo dealer will be most familiar working with them, and not getting jacked around by yet another third party extended warranty provider.

Every dealer I've worked with offer both the extended warranty or drop the cash price in these programs, purely the option of the buyer - they should have offered you both. The difference is never the cost of adding an extended warranty separately, something like $400 or $500US more if you want the 3 or 4 yr warranty, less for a 2 yr. That's my personal experience buying both poo snowcheck and non-snowcheck over the years. You can get it from other dealers, and I think you have 30 days or so from pickup to get it.

Last edited:
O

outlaw707

Jan 24, 2014
FWIW, I think you dealer is pretty accurate - the third party warranty is yet another company, not Polaristar and they are indeed much more expensive from what I've received in the mail, and with other differences (some have mileage and lower total repair caps).

Spending your money for you, best deal for an extended warranty will be Polaristar when you buy new, $-wise, and your poo dealer will be most familiar working with them, and not getting jacked around by yet another third party extended warranty provider.

Every dealer I've worked with offer both the extended warranty or drop the cash price in these programs, purely the option of the buyer - they should have offered you both. The difference is never the cost of adding an extended warranty separately, something like $400 or $500US more if you want the 3 or 4 yr warranty, less for a 2 yr. That's my personal experience buying both poo snowcheck and non-snowcheck over the years. You can get it from other dealers, and I think you have 30 days or so from pickup to get it.

The dealer did offer the polaristar, for either $1000 now of $1700 after i made the purchase. (he did not mention i had 30 days)

Will other dealers have a sale on the polaristar warranty in the spring?

The dealer i bought the sled from is not my local dealer.

bobback

Lifetime Membership
Feb 21, 2008
"The Last Best Place"
Supposedly this place has a good, non Polaris option: Bristows 320-253-7878.

I know last year around Thanksgiving they had a special.

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
The dealer did offer the polaristar, for either $1000 now of $1700 after i made the purchase. (he did not mention i had 30 days)

Will other dealers have a sale on the polaristar warranty in the spring?

The dealer i bought the sled from is not my local dealer.

nobody ever has "sales" on polaris star warranty. I can tell you however that $1000 for the 2 years extended warranty is way too much. The dealer is making about $400 profit on that sale. Should be about $250-300 per year on the extended warranty. As to see the invoice price for the extended warranty. Call a couple of other dealers and ask them.

O

outlaw707

Jan 24, 2014
nobody ever has "sales" on polaris star warranty. I can tell you however that $1000 for the 2 years extended warranty is way too much. The dealer is making about $400 profit on that sale. Should be about $250-300 per year on the extended warranty. As to see the invoice price for the extended warranty. Call a couple of other dealers and ask them.

It was 3 years additional (4 total) for $1000, ill call some of the local dealers and see what they say

G

gcmci

Nov 21, 2007
Springfield,Oregon
www.gregcoenmc.com

" I can tell you however that $1000 for the 2 years extended warranty is way too much."
Actually 2 year warranty, $1030.00 is cost on a sled with a MSRP of $11600.00 or more which is how the Polaris rate chart works now and it's not 3rd party anymore.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Supposedly this place has a good, non Polaris option: Bristows 320-253-7878.

I know last year around Thanksgiving they had a special.

I had that warranty plan from them on my 12. Never needed to use it and Im glad I didn't. After I got the plan there is a BUNCH of "fine print" that needs to be followed that pretty much allows them to get out of just about any claim they don't want to pay. You had to have records of the machine being "Stored" and "Removed from Storage" anytime it was going to be unused for 30 days. This was also something that had to be done at an "Authorized facility". When you looked up authorized facility it said the dealer. lol There was other issues as well but this one stood out the most.

Careful what you buy. Eric

snowracer21

Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2012
for what it's worth... On my 2013 RMK PRO, the A arm came unglued while riding it....the winter of 2013... still with in the 1 year bumper to bumper warranty.
When the a arm came unglued, it also tore the shock apart...

Polaris DENIED my warranty claim. They claimed I must have hit a solid object because the glue is extremely strong.

This is why I could care less about ever buying an extended Polaristar warratny

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
I bought - a 2014 pro yesterday and was asked if I wanted the extended warrenty for coverage foe an additional 2 years ( 3 total) that included the factory warrenty-
I was given 30 days to ake the decision and with a cost of an additional $600.00
Still deciding if it is worth it-
My dealer say's it all in how you file the claim in whats covered- how you play the game-
I ave been hearing anywhere from $200/ year to $500 year from different dealers when I was hunting pricing on the blowout of the 2014's

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
I bought - a 2014 pro yesterday and was asked if I wanted the extended warrenty for coverage foe an additional 2 years ( 3 total) that included the factory warrenty-
I was given 30 days to ake the decision and with a cost of an additional $600.00
Still deciding if it is worth it-
My dealer say's it all in how you file the claim in whats covered- how you play the game-
I ave been hearing anywhere from $200/ year to $500 year from different dealers when I was hunting pricing on the blowout of the 2014's

For $600 it is a no brainer. I do believe it is how good your dealer is at following what the warranty company is asking for. I had the 3 year bumper to bumper on my 08 and a 4 year bumper to bumper on my 12. These sleds went in for something every year they were covered and warranty always covered it no questons asked.

bobback

Lifetime Membership
Feb 21, 2008
"The Last Best Place"
I had that warranty plan from them on my 12. Never needed to use it and Im glad I didn't. After I got the plan there is a BUNCH of "fine print" that needs to be followed that pretty much allows them to get out of just about any claim they don't want to pay. You had to have records of the machine being "Stored" and "Removed from Storage" anytime it was going to be unused for 30 days. This was also something that had to be done at an "Authorized facility". When you looked up authorized facility it said the dealer. lol There was other issues as well but this one stood out the most.

Careful what you buy. Eric

Thanks...and I was close to buying this last season; and decided not to do an extended warranty.

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
" I can tell you however that $1000 for the 2 years extended warranty is way too much."
Actually 2 year warranty, $1030.00 is cost on a sled with a MSRP of $11600.00 or more which is how the Polaris rate chart works now and it's not 3rd party anymore.

"I bought - a 2014 pro yesterday and was asked if I wanted the extended warrenty for coverage foe an additional 2 years ( 3 total) that included the factory warrenty-
I was given 30 days to make the decision and with a cost of an additional $600.00"

^^^ this.
many of us buy the 2 years extra for $500-$600 dollars.
If you are charging your customers $1030 who is getting the extra $400 or where is it going? :face-icon-small-sho

G

gcmci

Nov 21, 2007
Springfield,Oregon
www.gregcoenmc.com
"I bought - a 2014 pro yesterday and was asked if I wanted the extended warrenty for coverage foe an additional 2 years ( 3 total) that included the factory warrenty-
I was given 30 days to make the decision and with a cost of an additional $600.00"

^^^ this.
many of us buy the 2 years extra for $500-$600 dollars.
If you are charging your customers $1030 who is getting the extra $400 or where is it going? :face-icon-small-sho

$1030.00 is if you buy it AFTER the promo that is happening now

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
the 3 year promo sucker'd me into the showroom.then whamo,u need to whip out another 1000 tamales more for the free 3 year.no poo 4 me.LOL

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
Your dealer is over charging for the promo 3 year warranty which is actually 1 year + 2 years esc.

Looks like you can take the $500 rebate or the 3 year warranty. So I am guessing your dealer took at least $500 off of the retail price. So then he has to charge you for the warranty. This is why it is so hard to tell (easy if you ask questions and no what the retail price is of the sled) what kind of deal everyone is talking about.

Not ever did I think snowcheck meant best warranty. I have been snowchecking sleds since the early to mid 1990's. Back then it was like take $500 off the price of the sled or take $500 in accessories. In my area the sled buying industry is super competitive so the dealer would usually offer a nice discount on the sled and then take the $500 of or the $500 in polaris accessories. Back then I believe warranties were just 1 year. Really didn't have extended plans.

I've always walked into the dealer and snowcheck time knowing I was going to get a super discount on the sled. The warranty was just an added bonus if it was part of the offer. Now days if it is not part of the offer I always add it anyway because the price always seems better on the warranty at snowcheck time.

C
Nov 26, 2007
Cornerstone extended warranty

This past spring I called Carl's Cycle to price out a left over 800 pro. I asked about extended warranty and was told I could get a 3 year, bumper to bumper, zero deductible warranty for $600 through a company called cornerstone. That would have made for 4 years total as the sled came with a 1 year manufacture warranty. I was also told that they sold a lot of these. Unless something has changed since a few months ago they should still be available. Check with your dealer to see if they sell that particular warranty.

F
Oct 19, 2011
The extended warranty is the biggest waste of money. I got it on my 2012 and wish I never wasted the $1000. Polaris will deny 90% of all claims, regardless of how good of a dealer you have. They denied my rear overstructure breaking and said that was normal wear and tear, bull****!
I am warrantied until October 2016 and just put a RkTek drop in kit, they denied my friends piston skirt break and I am not going to wait until I have motor issues with the assumption polaris will cover motor issues.
Save your money spent on a warranty and but a drop in kit next year.

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
The extended warranty is the biggest waste of money. I got it on my 2012 and wish I never wasted the $1000. Polaris will deny 90% of all claims, regardless of how good of a dealer you have. They denied my rear overstructure breaking and said that was normal wear and tear, bull****!
I am warrantied until October 2016 and just put a RkTek drop in kit, they denied my friends piston skirt break and I am not going to wait until I have motor issues with the assumption polaris will cover motor issues.
Save your money spent on a warranty and but a drop in kit next year.

MY experience was totally different. I had a lot done in the last 3 years and only paid my $50 deductable after the 1st year.

Premium Features