• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

X3 Track Vs Powerclaw 2.6

Keith517

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
2.5 CE is a better track than 2.6 PC ! Would be a waste to put a PC on.

If you get a CE 2.5 2.86 pitch with the center port I am assuming it will fit with the stock drivers. Does anyone know if this is this correct?

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Yes... it does... but... the clearance with the CE 2.5" track is tiny when you have the factory 8 tooth drivers... I prefer to use the 3" pitch CE track with 7 tooth drivers to provide better clearance...

Lack of clearance robs power... even though the track is not rubbing... the engine/clutches have to work harder with less clearance.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
There is no ONE best track. The snow conditions have a huge effect on how the track performs. So without qualifying the snow conditions you normally ride the said track in. This entire thread is useless.

IE. do you ride wet coastal concrete or inland Champagne powder? The two respond completely different to the snow you are using them on.

You do not run a rain tire at the drag strip! And you don't use a slick at the mud bog. Granted these are extremes but you should get the idea.

Please continue, but keep that in mind, when you make posts please it will help those trying to decide.

S

Slick

Nov 26, 2007
There is no ONE best track. The snow conditions have a huge effect on how the track performs. So without qualifying the snow conditions you normally ride the said track in. This entire thread is useless.

IE. do you ride wet coastal concrete or inland Champagne powder? The two respond completely different to the snow you are using them on.

You do not run a rain tire at the drag strip! And you don't use a slick at the mud bog. Granted these are extremes but you should get the idea.

Please continue, but keep that in mind, when you make posts please it will help those trying to decide.

I totally agree, and that is the reason I wouldn't change the 2.6 to a CE, which is whatbthe OP asked, I think the 2.6 is better all around.

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
Forgot all about this post. I am again considering a track swap this year. Before I start a new thread was curious if anyone can tell me what all is required to run the 3" on a 2015 standard rmk. I know drivers & antistab. What about chaincase and cooler clearance? Would the ce 2.5 with 3.0 pitch be the same or easier?

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
No issues with 7t/3" pitch drivers on belt drive backing plates, chain drives (11-12's) need a mod though. I personally think a 3" track is too much for the majority of people. 2.5/2.6 is plenty. I have one friend I ride with that runs a 174/3" and he just gets into more trouble than the rest of us and none of us can help him out. If going turbo than maybe a 3" would be better but than a 2.5 would be plenty too.

Premium Features