• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2013 Drive Shaft Poll

2013 Drive Shaft Failed/Not Failed Poll

• Over 50 Miles, No Problems

Votes: 143 31.4%
  • Under 50 Miles, No Problems

Votes: 52 11.4%
  • Over 50 Miles with Fix

Votes: 10 2.2%
  • Under 50 Miles with Fix

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Blew with less than 50 Miles

Votes: 36 7.9%
  • Blew with more than 50 Miles

Votes: 15 3.3%
  • Have no ridden yet

Votes: 198 43.4%

• Total voters
R
Aug 14, 2010
We took 4 13 pros up last weekend 3 stock and one turbo and didnt have a single issue talked to three dealerships here in wyoming and no one has had one come back broke yet.... Where are most of thease guys from with the broke drive shafts back east riding their 155s and 163s up and down the ditches I see all the posts about the broken shafts but have yet to see one come back broke sounds like a huge problem to me !

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
We took 4 13 pros up last weekend 3 stock and one turbo and didnt have a single issue talked to three dealerships here in wyoming and no one has had one come back broke yet.... Where are most of thease guys from with the broke drive shafts back east riding their 155s and 163s up and down the ditches I see all the posts about the broken shafts but have yet to see one come back broke sounds like a huge problem to me !

2 in one group here in CO... yeah, those darn eastern riders, that's the problem.

Btw, when you do a poll, just make sure to click "results visible" or something like that so that people aren't wondering if snowmobiler & gramma are coming in here with a bunch of illegal mexicans & messing up the voting results. People thought that the Pro motor poll was the same way until they made it visibile & it was just as bad... apparently Snowmobiler & gramma aren't to blame for the POS motor after all huh?

The idea that people are voting JUST to mess with you guys though I find hilarious. Btw, I assumed the results WERE visible, but in case my first post wasn't obvious in my sarcasm, I did not vote.

Last edited:
R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010

Wow, imagine a dealer saying "haven't seen that before" or "Never heard of that happening"

Most unless you know them really well are not gonna let on to any problems, it hurts sales.

And would you damn flatlanders quit breaking mountain sleds and making polaris look bad. lol

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Wow, imagine a dealer saying "haven't seen that before" or "Never heard of that happening"

Most unless you know them really well are not gonna let on to any problems, it hurts sales.

And would you damn flatlanders quit breaking mountain sleds and making polaris look bad. lol

Well... I've never heard that when there was a problem with a sled. I'm still blown away that cat "kind of" admitted their problems last year, they usually pretend nothing has happened just as bad as polaris.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
When a dealer tells you there is no problem with the driveshafts, your response should be...."great, please order me one up". Watch his reaction. Then see what excuse he has as to why Polaris will no longer sell them. Must be because there is no problem??
Then ask for a 2012 driveshaft instead.... I'm sure he has an explanation why they are on backorder until after christmas....because there is NO PROBLEM. LOL :face-icon-small-hap

whoisthatguy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2007
I have some good news and some bad news.

The good news is that you have a 75% chance that your sled won't go down from a driveshaft detonation in the first month of sledding.

The bad news is that at most you have 3 more months of happy sledding before your luck is calculated to run out.

Like this guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gU22mv9kqV0

Ouch!

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Cuz they think its funny :face-icon-small-ton

If I'm part of the "people driving the panic" crowd... I don't find it funny at all. Unlike some folks that bleed whatever the he!! color they bleed, I want ALL my friends to come home with a running sled at the end of the day, instead of towing it out, or leaving it back there. Also, once I get my 13 (someone buy my dam boosted cat already would ya?) I want to know where I stand.

The only thing driving this issue... IS THE FACT THAT THERE'S AN ISSUE. AND ONE OUT OF FIVE FAILURES IS A BIG ISSUE.

I love when folks think "the internet" is causing the problems with a sled... friggin hilarious. The internet caused our belt issues last year, and all the motors failing in the fall... wasn't dealer setup, or bad clutches... it was the internet, right?:face-icon-small-sho

Ephratafarmer

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Ephrata, Wa
I only got to vote once no problem. But I own 2 2013 163 Pros one has 96 miles and one has 91 miles, ( no problems so far ). Yes I did break them in a little, but also ran on about 32 miles of moguls and ran in about 5' of bottomless snow in Revy, with one. The other I ran at Harts for a day and then highway 20 for a day, at harts we played in the trees and did a few hill shots. It's seems a little funny, but my XM buds keep me posted about all the Pro failures, while I'm out riding and there super XMs set in the warm garage. So I told him I was having a great time breaking trail for the XMs in the bottomless powder while draging all those broken parts around with my piece of junk. I don't know what will happen next but so far having a blast.

F

fassteddie

Nov 27, 2007
renton wa.
kenny! save some money for my xm rear bumper by the looks of things we will need to pull your pro's out backwards. lol.. i can call the gravaler if you need a heli. have fun, hope to be riding soon. ed.

polarisfornow

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jun 2, 2008
Beautiful Colorado
why is it that guys who dont even own a 13 are the ones who are driving a lot of this panic.

This coming from the guy that posts in proclimb forum at least once a day. :face-icon-small-dis

I do agree with some of the disbelief in these polls though. I wouldn't take the "percent of failure" very seriously but at least you have an actual number of how many failures there are.

Old Scud-doo

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2007
Middle Montana
Spoke with my dealer and the rep for this area claims that last she heard, Polaris has only had 10 total shafts fail. Not 24 like this poll suggests. Somebody isn't coming clean...just saying.

G

Going West

Nov 30, 2007
Canada
This coming from the guy that posts in proclimb forum at least once a day. :face-icon-small-dis

I do agree with some of the disbelief in these polls though. I wouldn't take the "percent of failure" very seriously but at least you have an actual number of how many failures there are.

I still own a Pro Climb 800, a M1000, and a M800, so I'm pretty sure I'm qualified to comment on sleds I own.

Premium Features