• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bog above 3/4 throttle.

Embrace the BRAAAAAAP!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Where the Buffalo roam
Check fuel pressure and replace filter if you have not already this year.
You can remove VES covers and check bellows for leaks and at that time valves should move freely if they do not pull them and start cleaning, let us know how it goes!!

S

sks rider

Dec 23, 2009
Ahwahnee, California
Check fuel pressure and replace filter if you have not already this year.
You can remove VES covers and check bellows for leaks and at that time valves should move freely if they do not pull them and start cleaning, let us know how it goes!!
yeah. i never got around to changing the fuel filter this season. Ill have to order one.

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
probably not. just at one certain spot in the throttle (3/4).if you have a TPS tool and an analog meter its a simple check maybe your TPS is going bad who knows . as for the new symtoms you should go over your work if something new has started.

S

sks rider

Dec 23, 2009
Ahwahnee, California
probably not. just at one certain spot in the throttle (3/4).if you have a TPS tool and an analog meter its a simple check maybe your TPS is going bad who knows . as for the new symtoms you should go over your work if something new has started.
well it bogs at any throttle above 3/4....Youre saying if it was a dead spot that it would be JUST at 3/4?

All ive done so far is just replace the fuel filter. I dont see why that would cause a high idle. And the high idle isnt all the time. Like the first 2 times i started it up the idle went slowly up to 2100 or so. THen the 3rd time it idled fine(1600) for a few mins then went up to 2100.

F

f15ejedi

Oct 6, 2008
Anchorage Alaska
Noticed you have a FBF cable "set". Does that include the throttle cable and how long ago did you install it? Was it running fine after the cable was changed?

S

sks rider

Dec 23, 2009
Ahwahnee, California
Noticed you have a FBF cable "set". Does that include the throttle cable and how long ago did you install it? Was it running fine after the cable was changed?
Installed it at the beginning of the season. Was running fine after that. Ive got 5 rides on it since i installed it. This is a new problem.

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
well it bogs at any throttle above 3/4....Youre saying if it was a dead spot that it would be JUST at 3/4?

All ive done so far is just replace the fuel filter. I dont see why that would cause a high idle. And the high idle isnt all the time. Like the first 2 times i started it up the idle went slowly up to 2100 or so. THen the 3rd time it idled fine(1600) for a few mins then went up to 2100.

Yes thats what I meant. If you perform the ananlog test for dead spots you will see the voltage drop off at the deadspot . Possibly the TPS is failing and the new symtoms could be a sign of that who knows . is your idle normally on the high side or low side of the range normally.

When i switched my t-bodys my idle was right on the theh money @1600 the first time i ran it (They came from my other sled) then as it got warm the idle went up and the next time I started it it was at 2100 rpm for 45-60 seconds. so I just adjusted it when warm now it idles cold at 1500 and is @1550-1600 when warm. I think there is a fine line where this is concerned and a full warm up seems to change things just enough to tip the balance one way or another

J

j_gunderman

Feb 2, 2010
Same Problem

SKS did you ever find the issue. I have the exact same problem with mine. Went through same steps you have and still no luck.

S

sks rider

Dec 23, 2009
Ahwahnee, California
SKS did you ever find the issue. I have the exact same problem with mine. Went through same steps you have and still no luck.
No I've been working on it today... now its idling at 2600. Still bogging at high rpm and now its backfireing. And this is after I set the tps.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

J

j_gunderman

Feb 2, 2010
05 900 rmk

My 900 idles fine 1550 rpm goes into reverse no problem and no back firing just bogs like crap above 3/4 throttle. Have done everything you have and still no luck. I will keep digging if I find anything I will drop you a line.

S

sks rider

Dec 23, 2009
Ahwahnee, California
My 900 idles fine 1550 rpm goes into reverse no problem and no back firing just bogs like crap above 3/4 throttle. Have done everything you have and still no luck. I will keep digging if I find anything I will drop you a line.
Yeah. Im kinda lost right now. Since i dont have access to another 900 i cant really switch out parts.

S

sks rider

Dec 23, 2009
Ahwahnee, California
Soooo any other ideas. Its currently running at 2600 rpm. Bogging above 3/4 throttle and now its backfired. Thats when i shut it off and put it away.

So far ive replaced the fuel filter, replaced the bellows and cleaned the power valves, and reset the tps. Also checked for cracks around the tb boots.. None were found. All bolts are tight as well.

Any ideas?

Premium Features