• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pro RMK vs. Ski Doo XP

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
the only way a pro will highmark a xp is if the doo runs out gas or some majical flying fairy flys down,grabs the front bumper and pulls the polaris up the hill.neither will happen so dont get you hopes up poo guys:)

I ride a Full Mod 880 07 doo. Not the XP chassis which i,m not a fan of. Yesterday had two pro,s and I can tell you without and doubt the Pro will tear up the New E tech. Why - Ski doo has again used a reverse angle helix and clutching is garbage, regardless of the HP. Polaris has done an exceptional job setting up the sled. both the 155 and 163 were spot on in 10 foot fresh snow.Right out of the box the Pro will shine, After fixing the Doo,s clutching woos I think the sleds will be very close.For you E tech guys you need to address the clutching!

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
Why can't Skidoo clutch a sled. It has been this way forever. It seems they don't even get close. They rip on the trail, put them in powder and they fall on their face.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
I ride a Full Mod 880 07 doo. Not the XP chassis which i,m not a fan of. Yesterday had two pro,s and I can tell you without and doubt the Pro will tear up the New E tech. Why - Ski doo has again used a reverse angle helix and clutching is garbage, regardless of the HP. Polaris has done an exceptional job setting up the sled. both the 155 and 163 were spot on in 10 foot fresh snow.Right out of the box the Pro will shine, After fixing the Doo,s clutching woos I think the sleds will be very close.For you E tech guys you need to address the clutching!
thats exactly what our opinion was after a full day of switching back and forth between the pro and e-tec..my guess is with good clutching the etec and pro would be about even on the hill..i will say this, the pro's powerband/hp is very deceiving..poo is definately loosing the least amount of hp thru the drivetrain vrs the doo and cats...

Track Man

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2007
Coppins Meadow
Pro All The Way

My son was a 146xp and I have 155 Pro. I have 20lb. on him. The track over the top Pro. The track in the shade xp. He's was not happy.

DSC03304.jpg

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Why can't Skidoo clutch a sled. It has been this way forever. It seems they don't even get close. They rip on the trail, put them in powder and they fall on their face.

I know! I know! Pick me, pick me! LOL :face-icon-small-dis

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.

No doubt...The TRA...Garbage. Rest of the sled....AWESOME!! The Doo is a much better built sled than the Poo is although Poo has gotten a little better with the PRO.

I have not ridden a PRO yet, but have ridden the Etec...I'm convinced it will be the next sled I will buy. Too bad you can't buy the Etec minus the TRA.

L

lightening800

Sep 4, 2004
northern alberta
i have team clutching in my sled just like the polaris and i am going riding for 4 days at revy ill try to find someone to compare to since we have the same type of clutching except i still have the crappy tra, lol , i have a helmet cam also. will posr results if i can round some up to play.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
No doubt...The TRA...Garbage. Rest of the sled....AWESOME!! The Doo is a much better built sled than the Poo is although Poo has gotten a little better with the PRO.

I have not ridden a PRO yet, but have ridden the Etec...I'm convinced it will be the next sled I will buy. Too bad you can't buy the Etec minus the TRA.

you really should ride a pro back to back with the etec....might be owning a poo if you do...

stephenr_65

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Henefer, Ut

Ask all my buddys that have xp's and cracked bulk heads how well built their sleds are

Old Scud-doo

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2007
Middle Montana
the only way a pro will highmark a xp is if the doo runs out gas or some majical flying fairy flys down,grabs the front bumper and pulls the polaris up the hill.neither will happen so dont get you hopes up poo guys:)

I thought all the fairy's rode Doo's. HAHAHAHAHA!

JUST KIDDING!!!! That was too good of a setup though. I could not resist.

S

snopro_ac

Oct 17, 2009

lets see here, "The Doo is a much better built sled than the Poo is although Poo has gotten a little better with the PRO" followed by "I have not ridden a PRO yet" but he already knows "I'm convinced it will be the next sled I will buy" i'm going out on a limb here but i think maybe you are a loyal ski-doo person in a polaris forum, i would even venture as far to say you own a ski-doo jacket.

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL

I don't think the xp is even built better than the iq dragon. I saw similar hits to both sleds last year. The xp did major "nun" damage as well as collapsing the clutches into each other. Over $2500 in damage. Iq probably took a harder hit and replaced a shock and upper and lower a-arm.

I haven't been on an etec yet so I can't comment on the motor. I was going to snow check one. Glad I didn't do that, probably wouldn't have got one since they ran out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I

i'llDooit

Nov 27, 2007
Duvall washington
Its on Poo Logs

I will be riding my 2010 xp with roosterbuilt clutching with a buddy who just bought a new Poo log monday. I'll report back on how they pile up.:boink:

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
a little advice.....if poo wins you will get green rep and thank yous.
and if doo wins...wait and see.LOL.:)

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
lets see here, "The Doo is a much better built sled than the Poo is although Poo has gotten a little better with the PRO" followed by "I have not ridden a PRO yet" but he already knows "I'm convinced it will be the next sled I will buy" i'm going out on a limb here but i think maybe you are a loyal ski-doo person in a polaris forum, i would even venture as far to say you own a ski-doo jacket.

Actually Dave rides a Dragon with lots of goodies, has been around sleds for quite a while and owned various brands.

Premium Features