• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pro RMK vs. Ski Doo XP

S

snopro_ac

Oct 17, 2009

ski-doo better hope polaris don't figure out how to get that extra 20HP out of their 800 cause that pro was just a little behind on flat ground with a 15 inch wide track and down 20 hp, and that's ski-doo's new engine so that's what you're stuck with for a few years. Polaris will have a new engine next year regardless to meet the 2012 standards, if it puts out the same as your etec then the etec is done. your video shows that, and every other video shows how close they are and the pro is doing it with 20 less hp that you all remind us about all the time.

Hurricane Tim

Lifetime Membership
Feb 4, 2009
I am glad we cleared that up. I didn't say the XP was better, I said the Pro will not outclimb an E-Tec. I was going to spring order a Pro, and I still kind of wish that I did, because I really like alot of things about the Pro. I wanted a sled that I can turbo, and the Pro looks like a great candidate for a turbo. I wasn't convinced that the 800 engine would hold up though. I decided to buy an E-Tec instead, and I like it for the most part. The engine is strong, and the handling is much improved from my 09 XP. Now I'm waiting for Boondockers to turbo this thing. Sleds today are like trucks today. They are all good, and they all have their quirks. You just buy which one you like.

Tree Boss

Lifetime Membership
Jan 11, 2009
Franklin County ID
My XP was always better on the flats but the second you pointed it up hill it was a joke. 8200 rpms on the trail or flats but point it up hill and 7700 7800 maybe 7900 if you were lucky. And I know someone is gonna say well it needs a clutch kit??? so to make this $12,000 dollar sled perform you have to put a clutch kit in it. My pro is bone stock and I would love to meet up with a bone stock XP E-tech, no clutching no can

anyone in the N. Utah S. Idaho area want to meet up and compare these 2 sleds on a hill with no tracks and no way of getting over the top?

One guy rides the Pro and then he rides the XP

The other guy rides the XP and then he rides the Pro

go as high as you can until you are damn near stuck and then turn out. let the marks do the talking and lets go have a good ride!!

Snowmobiler I think you should come down here and show me how proud you are of this XP ;)

Last edited:
ski-doo better hope polaris don't figure out how to get that extra 20HP out of their 800 cause that pro was just a little behind on flat ground with a 15 inch wide track and down 20 hp, and that's ski-doo's new engine so that's what you're stuck with for a few years. Polaris will have a new engine next year regardless to meet the 2012 standards, if it puts out the same as your etec then the etec is done. your video shows that, and every other video shows how close they are and the pro is doing it with 20 less hp that you all remind us about all the time.

hmmm...close? the sled ski you saw in the beginning on the left wasn't the pro, it was an '05 doo, beat the pro by several sled lengths lol. Personally, I like the pro and even considered one myself. I hope they run and so far my two friends with them love them!

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
My XP was always better on the flats but the second you pointed it up hill it was a joke. 8200 rpms on the trail or flats but point it up hill and 7700 7800 maybe 7900 if you were lucky. And I know someone is gonna say well it needs a clutch kit??? so to make this $12,000 dollar sled perform you have to put a clutch kit in it. My pro is bone stock and I would love to meet up with a bone stock XP E-tech, no clutching no can

anyone in the N. Utah S. Idaho area want to meet up and compare these 2 sleds on a hill with no tracks and no way of getting over the top?

One guy rides the Pro and then he rides the XP

The other guy rides the XP and then he rides the Pro

go as high as you can until you are damn near stuck and then turn out. let the marks do the talking and lets go have a good ride!!

Snowmobiler I think you should come down here and show me how proud you are of this XP ;)

There is no hill a XP can't get over. :beer;:face-icon-small-ton

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
I am glad we cleared that up. I didn't say the XP was better, I said the Pro will not outclimb an E-Tec.
I think there are too many variables to make that statement, particularily when comparing to a Ski Doo where the clutching is a huge variable....

S

snopro_ac

Oct 17, 2009
hmmm...close? the sled ski you saw in the beginning on the left wasn't the pro, it was an '05 doo, beat the pro by several sled lengths lol. Personally, I like the pro and even considered one myself. I hope they run and so far my two friends with them love them!

at the end when he turned around was right there, 5 links behind it was the only sled on the left at the end and it was red, that is what i was referring to.

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
Snowmobiler, that is the exact same picture you posted up last year on a thread comparing the M8 vrs XP.
You don't have much credabilty........ on these forums.

I will say you are definetly STUCK on DOO .....I hope they treat you well!

What pic? LOL

snowmobiler This message has been deleted by snowmobiler.

Snowmobiler got CALLED out!

I almost save that picture or at least the link. I wish I did now. :humble::party:

S

snopro_ac

Oct 17, 2009
my xp went over :boink:

attachment.php

100_0190.JPG

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
I am glad we cleared that up. I didn't say the XP was better, I said the Pro will not outclimb an E-Tec. I was going to spring order a Pro, and I still kind of wish that I did, because I really like alot of things about the Pro. I wanted a sled that I can turbo, and the Pro looks like a great candidate for a turbo. I wasn't convinced that the 800 engine would hold up though. I decided to buy an E-Tec instead, and I like it for the most part. The engine is strong, and the handling is much improved from my 09 XP. Now I'm waiting for Boondockers to turbo this thing. Sleds today are like trucks today. They are all good, and they all have their quirks. You just buy which one you like.

my pro163 out climbed a 163 etec all day long..twice going over the top of a hill the etec couldnt make it 3/4 the way up...both doo riders agreed..on that day in that snow..the poo was better......pretty arrogant to say a pro will never out climb a xp etec...do i think the doo is junk?..absolutely not..it is a good sled..far better then the earlier xp's...just imagine how good the poo will be with the 20 missing hp?

J

jake432

Sep 25, 2010
Twin Cities, Minnesota
Look either way you can't go wrong I like the ski doo's engineering better with their engines and tecnology especially with the new s-36 technology but when I sat down on the pro rmk, just by sitting on it it felt nice and standing it felt so much skinnier and it felt just by leaning a little it felt easier to role on its side but the ski doo gets good oil consumption and power out of that engine plus I've heard of bent a-arms and blown up engines from the polaris so either way I'm sure you can't go wrong if I had the money I would wwait one more year so polaris can fix the issues with thier first year pro rmks because from expirience new stuff usually have a lot of problems for their first year.

H
Feb 16, 2009
my pro163 out climbed a 163 etec all day long..twice going over the top of a hill the etec couldnt make it 3/4 the way up...both doo riders agreed..on that day in that snow..the poo was better......pretty arrogant to say a pro will never out climb a xp etec...do i think the doo is junk?..absolutely not..it is a good sled..far better then the earlier xp's...just imagine how good the poo will be with the 20 missing hp?

I have been watching a few e-techs and pro's ridding together and have noticed the the new e-tech will not straight climb in the deep with the pro.
I'm running a d-8 with pipe and the stock pro's will climb higher but .
That day in the snow conditions the e-tech's we rode with did no better than my d-8. I 'm happy but maybe next time will tell a different story.

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
the only way a pro will highmark a xp is if the doo runs out gas or some majical flying fairy flys down,grabs the front bumper and pulls the polaris up the hill.neither will happen so dont get you hopes up poo guys:)

S

snopro_ac

Oct 17, 2009
the only way a pro will highmark a xp is if the doo runs out gas or some majical flying fairy flys down,grabs the front bumper and pulls the polaris up the hill.neither will happen so dont get you hopes up poo guys:)

Majical (the poor guy means magical) fairies flying down, running out of gas! Man, you're good, very good.

Premium Features