• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best suspension out there

S

sask_quatch

Nov 6, 2009
Melville Saskatchewan. Canada
I have a 2009 yamaha nytro mtx, powderlites stage 2, 162 x 2.5 x 15
I have just put on a new set of fox evol r shocks on the front end and now plan on changing out the stock rear suspension. what is the best type to get.

I ride a couple weeks a year in the mountains the rest of the time is splent climbing valleys, deep forest snow, minimal trail and endless fields of 3 foot powder.

Timbersled, ez ryde, m10 ???

Last edited:

Qreiff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
EZ Ryde........period. Every one else is battleing for 2nd place.

A

akhammer

Nov 26, 2007
anchorage, AK/ SLC Utah
EZ Ryde........period. Every one else is battleing for 2nd place.

I beg to differ. I think the timbersled is a much better suspension,. It's lighter, more adjustable, and you can run your track much looser ( EZ Ryde must be ran really tight). Another thing that drove me away from EZ ryde was having to rebuild it every year (my buddy has one and bushings go bad every year). In my own opinion if you not concerned with weight or cost get a m-10, it has a lot of adjustment and has a really nice ride. No matter what you choose it will be light years ahead of your stock skid.

W

Washy

Feb 14, 2008
Langdon
I beg to differ. I think the timbersled is a much better suspension,. It's lighter, more adjustable, and you can run your track much looser ( EZ Ryde must be ran really tight). Another thing that drove me away from EZ ryde was having to rebuild it every year (my buddy has one and bushings go bad every year). In my own opinion if you not concerned with weight or cost get a m-10, it has a lot of adjustment and has a really nice ride. No matter what you choose it will be light years ahead of your stock skid.

Well I would disagree, I had a timbersled and hated it, IMO timbersled is not even in the same league as a Ez-ryde, M10 or Racers edge kit. Just my experience.

TBird

Premium Member
Jan 16, 2008
North of Sweden
I'm no suspension expert in any way,,,
i read alot tho, and many have opinions, and the opinion is usually "the skid i have is the best one", and that's usually true, because they have tuned it in to behave the way they want to,,,
I know when i got my Racer's Edge it was not the best skid for me, not even close to my expectations, but after a couple of phone calls to Racer's Edge, and with some help from forum members i got it dialed in, and now i must say "Racer's Edge is the best skid out there" :).
And to say that Timbersled is not for climbing is just silly, it's all about adjusting, i believe Randy Swenson climbed a few chutes with his TS :face-icon-small-win

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
I run the timber sled, front and rear. Its does most everything well and is very easy to adjust. :face-icon-small-coo

S

sask_quatch

Nov 6, 2009
Melville Saskatchewan. Canada
Where we ride around here you can pretty much go anywhere from farmers field to field, no worry of rocks because farmers have picked them. Usually have 3 feet plus by the end of January. If you go up into the Forests there can be as much as five feet of snow. Only problem is you have to deal with Saskatchewans -40 degree temperatures. Nothing like the volumes of snow you guys have out in the mountains, but still fun just the same.

tomx

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Bellevue, WA
www.youtube.com
I have a Timbersled and I love it. But besides a couple short climbs on Ruffy's KMod, I haven't ridden anything different except for the stock setup which was total rubbish. It was night and day difference, so anything over stock I'm sure you'll be stoked.

S
Nov 21, 2007
Alberta
I have my Timbersled dialed in and absolutely love it. Most of the aftermarket skids will work well as long as you know how to tune suspension.

TBird

Premium Member
Jan 16, 2008
North of Sweden
I can only add one thing,, the reason for me to choose Racers Edge, when i believe that most every aftermarket skid work when tuned correctly, where that the Racers Edge skid looks more sturdy then all the others, and that impression lasts, the components included feel like coming from an Rolls Royce and didn't weaken the skid, rather strengthen it, and still loose weight,,,
many of the others seemed to fragile to me.
I also believe that the reason so many of the climbers are choosing M10 is because that many know how to tune it for climbing and pass it on to their friends, that doesent make all the other skid unsuitable for climbing,
the hard part is to find right settings,
many says that an M10 make the sled feel front heavy, and that's true, if tuned for climbing steep chutes, there's always a compromise, a skid tuned for climbing steep chutes will make the sled feel front heavy, regardless of make of the skid,
my driving is much like your's, and the Racers Edge skid is working superb, when tuned in, could't ask for anything better, no heavy front end, no bottomings, sled feels agile and still climb pretty steep chutes, but not to steep because it's not tuned for that, but making it a all day climber takes only a couple of minutes.

G
Nov 11, 2009
M10 for sure, call Trevor Cox in Sicamous, great price and mech. 250-836-3648. I ride with Rene and I think he has 12,000 km on his M10 in last 2 seasons and raves about it. He does have hyd jack which makes adj in seconds!

R

richyrich

Nov 26, 2007
Mt Baker
Most of the skids your talking about will work fine, Some better than others. But if you want to buy one skid and not look back, not change shocks and rails and other BS, buy the M-10.

Premium Features